PDA

View Full Version : Tingling and Anxiety

Parkee
21-01-17, 06:17
I have a history of anxiety and depression. I'm on day 4 of Citalopram, having not taking it for 4-5 years. I woke up this morning and my lip felt slightly numb, then that horrible prickly panic sensation started 🙁 Then, I started feeling cold across the top of my back and neck, touched my skin and it felt numb there too!! I can't remember having this before. Anyone else experienced this? I've read that Citalopram can make you more anxious in the first few days of taking it but as it's been a while since I last had to take it, i can't recall any initial symptoms.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NoraB
21-01-17, 06:40
I have a history of anxiety and depression. I'm on day 4 of Citalopram, having not taking it for 4-5 years. I woke up this morning and my lip felt slightly numb, then that horrible prickly panic sensation started 🙁 Then, I started feeling cold across the top of my back and neck, touched my skin and it felt numb there too!! I can't remember having this before. Anyone else experienced this? I've read that Citalopram can make you more anxious in the first few days of taking it but as it's been a while since I last had to take it, i can't recall any initial symptoms.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I get those symptoms without being on medication.

Incidentally, I took this drug about 15 years ago without any problem at all. I was prescribed it again last year and I had to stop taking it as the side effects were too severe but if you can get through the first few weeks, you will be OK.