PDA

View Full Version : no sleep fed up anyone else have strange sleeping patterns

davey2k12
21-01-17, 06:48
another day and night filled with chest and abdominal pain I have been tested out that many times the past few months that I know it isn't heart related I have had this condition for years but the past few months have been particularly bad. I have found it extremely difficult to get to sleep but once I do drift off usually 5am or later I'm out for 7 or 8 hours but tonight I just have not been able to get that tired feeling mostly because I'm anxious or at least I think it is. I'm just fed up honestly really had enough of it

Nzxt27
21-01-17, 12:09
My patterns are all over the place too.

Catherine S
21-01-17, 13:57
I've got myself into a new sleeping pattern too, although not because of aches and pains, I just can't switch off with thoughts, so rather than toss and turn, I make a milky drink and put the radio on low, read a book or log into nmp. Most times I don't drift off until around 4 or 5 in the morning, then sleep until almost midday. I'm retired now so I'm lucky to be able to do that, and although its not ideal i'm still getting 7 hours sleep. Thing is, some evenings I am tired enough to sleep at normal bedtimes but I know only too well that if I did i'd be awake again at 2am, then can't go back to sleep again. So I just go with the different routine.

ISB :)

ServerError
21-01-17, 15:10
Could it be acid reflux? Has that been considered?

In any case, you know you're not in any danger, so you can carry on worrying yourself crazy over this, or you can relax and simply allow it to be there for the time being. The same goes for your lack of sleep. You can try worrying it away if you want to, and wish you all the best with that. But I'm not sure anyone ever sorted their sleep out by worrying about it. Your body will always make you sleep eventually. You stand a much better chance if you just accept that this is how things are now and stop adding more fuel to the fire in the form of worry and fear.