PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hi

crocodile
21-01-17, 09:52
Hi I'm 19 from north tropical Australia! I got help originally for my generalized anxiety disorder when I was just 14. It has progressed into a serve panic disorder and agoraphobia in the past few years.
I am joining today because I am travelling from home for the very first time in my life next week! Across the country to stay for a year. Wish I could handle it, but I'm very scared and had this fourm recommended to me.
Hello everyone :blush:

venusbluejeans
21-01-17, 10:02
Hiya crocodile and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoraFlora
22-01-17, 15:42
Hi I'm 19 from north tropical Australia! I got help originally for my generalized anxiety disorder when I was just 14. It has progressed into a serve panic disorder and agoraphobia in the past few years.
I am joining today because I am travelling from home for the very first time in my life next week! Across the country to stay for a year. Wish I could handle it, but I'm very scared and had this fourm recommended to me.
Hello everyone :blush:

First of all, making a wonderful choice like that is a great accomplishment, so congratulations! That is really exciting. Lots of people on here have had issues surrounding travel so hopefully you can search and find some insights and experiences of others.

The same way some people keep a gratitude journal, I sometimes find it helpful to make a list of things to look forward to.
For example if I get invited to a wedding I might make a list of reasons to say yes,
-want to support my friend
-honoured to be invited for such an important moment in their life
-excuse to wear fancy clothes
-delicious meal included
etc

And then I try and focus on those reasons and I keep that list with me.

It does NOT eliminate the anxiety, but what it does is helps me focus on the things that matter or the reasons to push through.

I hope you find great support here