PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

nixgg
21-01-17, 13:14
Hi All, Hoping you're all surviving.

Nicki, 45. Suffered with mental ill-health most of my life. Had a 'breakdown' (and I use the term lightly) last year which I am still recovering from, slowly rebuilding my life. Has anyone else here had similar experiences?

In a nutshell:

-CPTSD due to childhood abuse and trauma;
-Eating disorders;
-Various suicide attempts;
-Failed relationships;
-OCD;
-PMS;
-Agoraphobia;
-Depression, anxiety, stress related issues.

As a consequence, had nearly a year of work, lost my business and partner, suspended from PhD studies as could not pay, (obviously, and no funding available!!). Now on the road to recovery through sheer will without NHS help nor medication. Just want to share thoughts with others who have been through similar situations. Thanks guys, xxx.:bighug1:

venusbluejeans
21-01-17, 13:20
Hiya nixgg and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

nixgg
21-01-17, 13:24
Thanks Emmz, lovely to get your message.

Big hugs and have a fabtabulous day!! :yesyes::winks:

xxx.

Clydesdale Epona
21-01-17, 15:34
Glad to see you here and doing okay x i've been facing mine through mentoring, horse therapy, and now some short term CBT, i'm learning to live with mine nowadays so all is great. i hope you the forum helpful :) x

nixgg
22-01-17, 11:47
Hi There, glad you're ok, thanks for your message. I am loving the positive feedback, it isn't all doom and gloom, have a lovely day! xxx.:yesyes::hugs:

DoraFlora
22-01-17, 15:19
I can't relate to all you've posted, but I will say that despite struggling with anxiety for the past 10 years of my life, sometimes with more intense periods than others, I too had a "breakdown" this past August (2016) and I feel like I am still n recovery from it.

I hate to think this heightened state is my new "normal".

My psychiatrist said to me that the breakdown depleted my reserve tank. And so now when I am up against a smaller stressor or a situation that before might provoke a little anxiety but I could battle through, it's not as easy. I am now working on refilling my tank.

I hope you find comfort here.

-Dora