PDA

View Full Version : Depression and anxiety.

Pixie43
21-01-17, 14:45
Hi Guys, ignore my name lol but I'm a 18 year old lad and I've been struggling for the last 3 months with anxiety and stress. It all happened because I ate a weed brownie for the first time and now I keep getting horrible thoughts about life and my own existence and who really are the people around me and what is life. And I'm scared I cant get into real reality and start enjoying my life again I wake up and I feel paralysed and I have these thoughts 24/7 about our lifes. I'm really hoping I can get my old happy self back and pull out of this because I cant eat properly I cant sleep and I cant focus on things. I just keep questioning everything and its making me ill.Ive been doing a lot of research and it comes under DR and DP. Any help would be great.

venusbluejeans
21-01-17, 14:54
Hiya Pixie43 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoraFlora
22-01-17, 15:27
Hi Pixie43,

For a lot of people who experience anxiety there is a triggering event that unleashes a mess of things we weren't completely aware was there.
I also think nearly everyone goes through some sort of isolated periods in their lives where they think about mortality or the state of the world or what it all means or what their purpose is. So I think, (at least among the people I know) that it's "normal" unfortunately at some point.
But the hope is that you are able to process it, move through it, and find ways to not focus on that din.

There are lots of posts here about DP and DR so hopefully you'll find some tips there to help you through.

-Dora