PDA

View Full Version : Please help going out of my mind.

Munchlet
22-01-17, 09:20
Hi my HA has come back with a vengence.

This is a really personal question (sorry) has anyone else ever noticed a white film on the surface of their urine.

It's not a thick film just very light almost white that seems to form patches on the surface of the urine.

Apart from this my urine looks clear and light in colour. I've looked online and can't find much other than Ketones but I recently had my blood sugars checked and they were fine.

I have to say it's been going on months and I just thought it was down to me using a toilet freshener but I actually peed in a plastic cup as it was bothering me and I can still see it when I look at the pee in a certain light.

So as you can imagine I'm going out of my mind. It could have been there forever but we have LED bulbs in our bathroom and it just seems to magnify everything, my husband said it's the bulbs and that's probably why I've noticed it as I don't notice it anywhere else but I took the pee into another room (sorry gross I know) and I can still see it although not as obvious and I have to hold the pee in a certain light to see it.

Sorry I know this is a rambling nonsensical post but I'm going out of my mind I feel sick.

I asked my husband to check his pee and he said he would then promptly came down and said he forgot and just flushed without looking.

Just wondered if this is a normal element of pee that most people probably don't notice or it sounds worrying. As I said every other toilet I use I don't see it but our bathroom is like Blackpool Illuminations and it highlights everything.

Interestingly enough if I run a bowl of cold water in the bathroom sink I can see the same swirls and patterns so not sure if it's just a natural composition of water??

Sorry but if anyone can help I'd be grateful as I'm just sat here crying.

Mummybee
22-01-17, 09:31
Ok
Calm down
I don't know if it's normal or not but I notice it often in the toilet too, with mine and my husbands urine. Like how oil sits on water, but it's like whitish/clear?
If you're dying from this, so am I. And my hubby.

Emily101115
22-01-17, 11:33
Hi
Is this an all time occurance when you urinate? Just I know people can get this on their first pee on a morning.

Also any cleaning products you use in the toilet can cause this,it could also well be your ovulation just this would indicate more discharge which could also have this affect.

You have had tests done so I don't think you have anything to worry about,to settle your minind speak with your gp? xx

Munchlet
22-01-17, 12:27
Thank you ladies, no it's not just first pee of the day it seems to be all the time but as I say it has been happening months. I went round my mums earlier and whilst I was there I used her toilet twice and couldn't see it at all. It's strange because I think it looks worse in my toilet due to the high lighting and the fact I have a toilet duck in there but when I peed in the cup it was there but didn't look anywhere near as bad.

I'm currently being reviewed for a suspected underactive thyroid and I've heard that can cause high cholesterol which is a worry but hubby seems to be fairly sure it happening to him too so maybe it is normal but I guess most people wouldn't notice and don't analyse their pee to the extent I am!

I don't have any other symptoms of kidney/bladder problems so guess I'll mention it at next doctors visit.