PDA

View Full Version : Left eye ache

Meglen
22-01-17, 17:52
Hey all! I have had an ache in my left eye that comes and goes for about 3 weeks now. I went to the optometrist and she said my vision was fine but I could have something wrong with the nerves. She referred me to a neurologist and he blew me off..so here I am.

Does anyone else have eye aches that last weeks..or stabbing pains in their eyes?

Clydesdale Epona
22-01-17, 17:53
I often get eye aches like no tomorrow, it's generally between both but usually only my left x

Meglen
22-01-17, 18:27
Does your vision get blurry when you have the ache? Thank you for your response!

Clydesdale Epona
22-01-17, 19:22
Mine does get a little blurry
I can't say how much as I lost my glasses so its constantly blurry until I get my new ones but my optician says they're all healthy and the ache/blurryness is likely down to migraines x

Meglen
22-01-17, 20:59
Thank you so much!! I appreciate your response!

Clydesdale Epona
22-01-17, 21:34
Of course no worries x

Thoughts
23-01-17, 02:08
This was a symptom I locked in on early in my anxiety, three years ago. At first, it was more like a pulling sensation, then it became more pressing in quality like pressure behind my eye, occasionally it burns, and sometimes it aches. All only in my left eye. I would get light dizziness too and blurring of vision, but mostly only when looking at computer screens or in supermarkets or any places with fluorescent light. I'd also get quite light sensitive. Sometimes I have no eye pain for days at a time. Other times it feels like a can't remember the last time it didn't hurt or feel weird in some capacity.

Its made me worry of all sorts of things, the likes of which I'm sure you can imagine and perhaps some you can't.

What is it? I don't know, for sure. My present theory is tight neck and face muscles, maybe some spinal degeneration, and possibly a little irritation to the occipital nerve, which is known to cross talk with the trigeminal nerve. In any event, I've reached a point where I'm pretty sure its nothing more than a nuisance.

Princess23
23-01-17, 16:11
I too have the stabbing pains and aches and more, optician says my eyes are fine but worries the hell out of me x

Meglen
23-01-17, 19:56
Thank you Thoughts and Princess!
I will look at it like a nuisance and stop festering about it:)

Meglen
25-01-17, 16:23
Thanks! I will look into that as well. I don't think we have that here, but you never know :)