PDA

View Full Version : Kind of new

sunrise88
22-01-17, 21:55
Hi guys, so my husband has an account here and has had a lot of help from a lot of you. He has come over a lot of his anxieties, but has his ups and downs. He still would like some advice for some things, but can't use the site himself because it is a trigger for him and his HA So I'll be here instead of using his account. I also want to help other people out when I can. Nice to meet you all :)

venusbluejeans
22-01-17, 22:00
Hiya sunrise88 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sunrise88
22-01-17, 22:02
Hi venusbluejeans, thank you for the welcome. The site and all of you have been very helpful so far. I have also been diagnosed with some auto-immune diseases so I also have some experience with health related issues. I had depression for awhile and I have mood disorder, so I also come here with some experience of my own.

DoraFlora
24-01-17, 19:21
Hi guys, so my husband has an account here and has had a lot of help from a lot of you. He has come over a lot of his anxieties, but has his ups and downs. He still would like some advice for some things, but can't use the site himself because it is a trigger for him and his HA So I'll be here instead of using his account. I also want to help other people out when I can. Nice to meet you all :)

Congratulations to your husband for realizing what his triggers are and trying to avoid the. Sites like these can be amazing resources for people and a great place of support, but they can also fuel the fire so the fact that he can recognize that is really commendable.

It's also great of you, as his partner, to want to be an active participant in his care and health.

I have written this on a few posts here, but I will say something my gp once said to me that I try to use as a mantra when I am fixated on something my body is doing...
"Not every sensation is a symptom"

It's not always easy to believe that, but the reality is our bodies do so many things and there are lots of systems working in tandem, lots of processes happening at every moment, so there are bound to be things that come to our awareness from time to time.

I am in this battle too. It is NOT easy.

Good luck to you both :)

Lukas
24-01-17, 20:00
Congrats to your husband working on his anxiety and triggers, we all have ups and downs sometimes understandably :) x

sunrise88
25-01-17, 15:15
Congratulations to your husband for realizing what his triggers are and trying to avoid the. Sites like these can be amazing resources for people and a great place of support, but they can also fuel the fire so the fact that he can recognize that is really commendable.

It's also great of you, as his partner, to want to be an active participant in his care and health.

I have written this on a few posts here, but I will say something my gp once said to me that I try to use as a mantra when I am fixated on something my body is doing...
"Not every sensation is a symptom"

It's not always easy to believe that, but the reality is our bodies do so many things and there are lots of systems working in tandem, lots of processes happening at every moment, so there are bound to be things that come to our awareness from time to time.

I am in this battle too. It is NOT easy.

Good luck to you both :)

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'll keep that mind and will let him know, it's quite accurate.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

Congrats to your husband working on his anxiety and triggers, we all have ups and downs sometimes understandably :) x

Thank you, I will let him know. He has dramatically improved over the past 8 months.