PDA

View Full Version : Itchy and worrying

atopos
23-01-17, 09:33
Hello community, this is my first post.

I recently moved to the UK for studying reasons. Just before I came I had a terrible itch between my legs without any rash but it went away on its own after a few weeks. I had my swimsuit on for a long time during the summer so I supposed it was due to that.

Although I felt the itching to more parts of my body to the point where I bleed myself the doctor told me that it was nothing more than hormones and stress.

However, the more I think of it and google about it the more I see about hodgkin lymphoma and its symptoms... I do not have any of the other symptoms nor does my chest hurt but my itch seem to move to my body and it goes away after a bit of scratching... Anyone had the same as me?

SLA
23-01-17, 09:37
If you've had a proper itch, it's very easy to create itchs elsewhere in the body by simply focussing on them.

My daughter came home from school with nits last week, and within a few minutes I had loads of itching sensations on my scalp.

I didn't have any, but the suggestion that I might triggered the itch response in my brain.

No you don't have lymphoma.

Get off this idea now before it becomes an even worse issue.

atopos
23-01-17, 09:53
Thank you very much for your answer!And for the reassuring words!