PDA

View Full Version : 1st time and so so worried.

lee77
23-01-17, 12:36
Hi All, I am 39 year old male, who is making himself sick to death that he has prostate cancer, I have had a stinging and fullness in my rectum for about 6 weeks, I have urine sample tested and this was clear, GP has now given me a 10 day course of anti biotics even though no infection was found, I am worrying every day and this having an impact on both my work and home life, i'm not sure why anti biotics was given if no infection found, GP said if still experiencing symptons of after course of AB he will send me for further test.

does anyone have any experience with this or have dealt with this in the past.

Kind Regards

Lee

Fishmanpa
23-01-17, 12:42
i'm not sure why anti biotics was given if no infection found

Ruling out prostatitis (inflamation/infection of the prostate) which can cause the symptoms you describe. It wouldn't necessarily be picked up with a urine test especially since the symptoms have been there that long. I had it a few years ago and it came on with a UTI. Although I don't recall the discomfort in the tush, it was more just in the general area. Definitely not fun that's for sure!

Positive thoughts

Mojo61
23-01-17, 12:45
Did the doctor give you a rectal exam? Piles can cause stinging and a feeling of fullness. Any itching in the area or bright red blood on the loo paper when you wipe?

axolotl
23-01-17, 12:52
Prostate cancer under 50 is very rare, and the chances of something benign, if annoying, are hugely more likely.

lee77
26-01-17, 09:06
Thank you all so much for your replies, 4 days into anti biotics and still have the feeling, also have burning sensation in my feet now, going completely mad. :-(

axolotl
26-01-17, 09:11
Thank you all so much for your replies, 4 days into anti biotics and still have the feeling, also have burning sensation in my feet now, going completely mad. :-(

Antibiotics usually need the full course to be run before you start to feel any difference.

And if feelings are jumping to other random parts of your body that's a good indicator it's stress- or anxiety-related.

Bigboyuk
26-01-17, 09:25
Hi Lee the dr prescribed anitbiotics even though you didn't have a infection, bit stupid in my book but then Iam not a dr LOL! And with all antibiotics you must complete the full course even if you are better :) As another member asked any blood when you have been to the loo? Hope you feel better soon. Cheers