PDA

View Full Version : another newbie!

Panic sufferer
23-01-17, 14:51
Hi all,

I have just signed up to this site yesterday. I cann't tell you how much it has helped seeing people's stories, especially the success stories.

To introduce myself: I am 39, live in ther UK, have suffered from recurring panic attacks since November 2002 after a period of severe work stress. For several years they seemed to lay dormant, then flared again in 2007 when I went back to university.

I went on Paroxetine meds, and all again seemed OK. Recently (last November) a health condition affecting my eyes caused the attacks to return as I was in a constant intense worry about going blind, and currently I am seriously struggling with anxiety, including panic flare ups and sleepless nights, not helped by side effects from an increase in dosage of the Paroxetine.

The NMP forum has been a great help, and today I have found the strength to sign up for a course in CBT, partly because of the inspiration I've found here. Thank you.

venusbluejeans
23-01-17, 15:01
Hiya Panic sufferer and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoraFlora
23-01-17, 15:20
congratulations on the steps you're taking to give yourself good self-care! (like joining this forum and deciding to start cbt)
I had my first CBT class last week and am hoping it will give me some skills to build on in my life.

Good luck on your journey. There's lots of information here!

-Dora

Panic sufferer
23-01-17, 16:39
Thanks Dora! I have my "introduction to the therapist" telephone interview tomorrow morning. Hopefully it wont take too long to get onto CBT after that.

Also seeing the GP tomorrow afternoon to ask about whether I should stick at the higher dose of Paroxetine given the 'orrible side effects it's giving me.