PDA

View Full Version : Hi My name is Sue

nelly70
23-01-17, 17:54
I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for nearly 20 years on and off. At the moment i am changing medication from mirtazapine to citalopram 20mg. I am on day 6 of the citalopram and my anxiety and panic is very high. I have tried CBT in the past and i'm due to start seeing a counsellor on Wednesday.

venusbluejeans
23-01-17, 17:59
Hiya nelly70 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Clydesdale Epona
23-01-17, 20:03
:welcome: to NMP
i hope you find the forums helpful and supportive :) x

DoraFlora
23-01-17, 21:25
Nelly70,

It's common for so many people to have heightened anxiety when switching their meds or changing doses. I hope that this is what it is for you, which means it's not permanent and will hopefully alleviate soon.

Hold on until Wednesday and hopefully the counsellor will help put things in perspective for you or give you some coping strategies to try and power through.

There are some good threads here about help for panic attacks that maybe can give you some things to try to push you through the really bad moments.

Sending good vibes.

-Dora