PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else get this??????????

ceecee
15-04-07, 16:24
hi everyone
have really been trying to get a grip on this anxiety thing,(i am seeing a phyciatrist and on efexor)and today we were going out for my aunties birthday to a really busy pub/resturant.
well it was going ok and i went outside with my uncle for a cigarette.i was talking to him and then i suddenly felt REALLY hot!!!!!like a really hot flush!i just wanted to run away(i was afraid i was going to faint!!!!!)
i,d be really grateful if any one could let me know if they have ever felt this way,as my anxiety has now hit the roof again!!!!
thankyou so much
rach x:)

Hangin_In
15-04-07, 16:35
Hi there! The same thing just happened to me this morning, after having a cigarette. Went to the washroom, felt so hot I really believed I was going to pass out...It was like it was right up the back of my neck. Broke out into a sweat...So you are definately not alone. It is scary but it passes. Hang in there and feel better :hugs:

Dying_Swan
15-04-07, 16:55
Yes I've had it countless times. Especially if I smoke after going a while without smoking (a smoke-free while to me is just a few hours, BTW...oops). I get a bit of a head rush and it turns into anxiety. I feel hot and dizzy, and then it goes again.

Remember that nicotine is a stimulant, so it increases your heart rate etc etc. Stimulants are generally not considered good for us anxious folk!

Try not to worry. I think it was just a lil' bit of panic creeping up, for whatever reason. No need to fret over it xxx

ceecee
15-04-07, 16:59
thanks for replying:)
it,s a really horrible feeling isn,t it!!!!!!!!:weep:
take care
rach x:flowers:

Dying_Swan
15-04-07, 17:17
Yes it's pants. I always find it's worse when I go for a cigarette with someone else. That means I know it's just anxiety!

You take care too :)

xx

DavidJ85
16-04-07, 08:37
Yep I get this aswell and often totally out of the blue!

ceecee
16-04-07, 10:45
thanks david
it does help when you know that you,re not alone:)
take care
rach x

Cindy
16-04-07, 12:52
Hi
Yes i had that really really bad its the worst ,now I get it a bit less but to often if you know what I mean lol

i am actually getting it now as we speak
it's all just nasty anxiety
Hope you feel beeter soon ceecee

ceecee
16-04-07, 19:35
thanks cindy:)
its nice to know that we are not alone!
it makes you feel as though you,re not the only person in the world going through this horrible thing!
take care&thanks again:)
rach x