PDA

View Full Version : Hello again - how is everyone feeling?

skippy66
23-01-17, 21:08
Hi folks,

Since I got rid of my health anxiety a few years ago I tend to forget about this place for long periods - I just get busy with work/kids etc. But now and again I remember how helpful this forum was when I was at my lowest ebb. Tonight being one of those times I thought I'd check in to see how everyone was doing.

Looking at the health anxiety section it seems the same topics are coming up again and again years later, only the names of the posters have changed!

If you're reading this and have health anxiety I want you to remember one thing. You may feel like you'll never get out of this rut. I felt like that too, and if you look through my early posts you will see that this thing cuinsumed my life for most of my 20s. I'm now 35 years old. I have completely cured myself. You can too.

Fishmanpa
24-01-17, 02:51
Hey Skippy! Nice to see ya! How's things?

Positive thoughts

Lam123
24-01-17, 03:45
How did you cure yourself?

skippy66
24-01-17, 16:59
Fishmanpa - good to see you still knocking around here, helping people out no doubt!

Lam - the main thing was a change in mindset, from "oh no these symptoms are going to kill me" to "if I continue to worry about these symptoms, I will have wasted my one and only life"

You should be more concerned about living a life unlived than worrying about death in the here and now.

almamatters
24-01-17, 17:26
Hi Skippy, nice to hear from you. I remember you from a while back. Glad you are doing so well, really gives us all hope. :)