PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.

ella32
24-01-17, 11:19
I had a stress test done just over two weeks ago and was told everything was fine with results yet I received a letter to have an echocardiogram done and I don't know why . I get chest pains, arm pain palpitations and overall weird feeling in chest and heart area I do have a fear of having heart attack or having heart issues. Today I'm having right arm pain and other weird sensations in chest . I suppose my question is why would they do an echocardiogram if stress test was normal and what does echocardiogram show.

Lukas
24-01-17, 19:40
echocardiograms are generally to check any type of heart issues/diseases i wouldn't worry too much because your stress test came back fine, my brother had issues with breathing and palpitations and even after his stress test came back fine he got given an echocardiogram and even a 24hr monitor, they both came back fine and it was put down to panic attacks. they tend to take anything heart related seriously just to make sure i wouldn't assume the worse yet x

Gary A
24-01-17, 20:22
I had a stress test done just over two weeks ago and was told everything was fine with results yet I received a letter to have an echocardiogram done and I don't know why . I get chest pains, arm pain palpitations and overall weird feeling in chest and heart area I do have a fear of having heart attack or having heart issues. Today I'm having right arm pain and other weird sensations in chest . I suppose my question is why would they do an echocardiogram if stress test was normal and what does echocardiogram show.

I genuinely have no idea why your doctor keeps ordering tests for you, the amount of testing you've had for heart issues is staggering.

Every few weeks you post threads almost identical to this, ella, and it's now getting a bit pointless saying the same things to you over and over.

In my opinion your doctor, and any doctors at A&E, should stop giving you tests and make much more of an attempt at treating your anxiety. This nonsense has went on for far too long.

TimeSoup
24-01-17, 20:50
They just want to rule everything out. It might be stressful but its a display of professionnalism on your medical team part.

ella32
27-01-17, 17:17
I genuinely have no idea why your doctor keeps ordering tests for you, the amount of testing you've had for heart issues is staggering.

Every few weeks you post threads almost identical to this, ella, and it's now getting a bit pointless saying the same things to you over and over.

In my opinion your doctor, and any doctors at A&E, should stop giving you tests and make much more of an attempt at treating your anxiety. This nonsense has went on for far too long.
While I get what your saying I don't think it's fair to call this nonsense. While it might come across as nonsense to you to me it is a crippling daily thing that has destroyed my life. Living in fear everyday is really draining on a person and I am getting help for my anxiety issues I'm on medication and going to counselling. I am trying to accept that physically my heart is fine but because of physical symptoms ie chest pain arm pain neck and jaw pain it is a difficult hurdle to overcome .

Catherine S
27-01-17, 17:35
Ella, reading through your back threads, you've been posting about chest and arm pain as well as palpitations since April 2012, that's almost 5 years. Are you still a smoker? Because I'm pretty sure that throughout all the years of having tests, you must have been advised to give up smoking? Separately, both smoking and anxiety can definately result in your physical symptoms. A combination of smoking and anxiety can make for double trouble.

ISB

ella32
27-01-17, 17:47
Ella, reading through your back threads, you've been posting about chest and arm pain as well as palpitations since April 2012, that's almost 5 years. Are you still a smoker? Because I'm pretty sure that throughout all the years of having tests, you must have been advised to give up smoking? Separately, both smoking and anxiety can definately result in your physical symptoms. A combination of smoking and anxiety can make for double trouble.

ISB
I do still smoke unfortunately. I've cut back on the amount I smoke and am hopeful that I will be able to stop completely.

Gary A
27-01-17, 17:51
While I get what your saying I don't think it's fair to call this nonsense. While it might come across as nonsense to you to me it is a crippling daily thing that has destroyed my life. Living in fear everyday is really draining on a person and I am getting help for my anxiety issues I'm on medication and going to counselling. I am trying to accept that physically my heart is fine but because of physical symptoms ie chest pain arm pain neck and jaw pain it is a difficult hurdle to overcome .

Regardless of what it makes you think, it's still nonsense. You think you have a heart issue, you've had way more tests and A&E visits over the last year than my dad, who had a major heart attack and resulting stent implant back in May, and you're STILL posting the exact same threads that you were 5 years ago.

The notion of you having some sort of heart issue after which must be literally thousands of tests by now, is total and utter nonsense. You would do well to start calling it nonsense yourself.

Noivous
27-01-17, 17:57
Maybe they're just being thorough?

Gary A
27-01-17, 18:01
Maybe they're just being thorough?

When someone turns up to A&E complaining of chest pain, they're duty bound to check it out. I personally think the OP should try harder to resist the temptation of visiting A&E so much as it's not only a total waste of resources, it's just feeding into her anxiety.

Also quit smoking, if you're that anxious about heart disease it's pretty silly to engage in a habit that is the leading cause of it.