PDA

View Full Version : Google.

zippy
24-01-17, 21:16
I have googled my symptoms again and worried again. It says if you have left sided back/shoulder pain for more than a few weeks you should get checked out. I know i have had my oxygen levels checked, heart and lungs listened to and tapped and my bloods done twice and all ok. I have had this pain for 3 months and can't stop worrying it's my lung because it's not going. If i pull my shoulders back it hurts my left shoulder blade.

TimeSoup
24-01-17, 21:21
For peeps like us Google = Satan.

Katy_o
24-01-17, 21:36
If you MUST Google something then put "back muscular anatomy" in to a Google images search. Look at one of the many diagrams and take a good look at ALL of the muscles you have around there. You have had several checks and your doctor obviously isn't concerned. Why aren't you considering muscle pain, especially when you look at all the shit you have going on around there?

Sphincterclench
24-01-17, 21:58
google is for other people not us. We will find everything we are looking for and everything we should never see...

Catherine S
24-01-17, 22:12
Scenario. ..."I've just googled my symptoms and omg!" Then stop googling symptoms.... "Why are you judging me!" :wacko:

ISB ☺

Stecakes
24-01-17, 22:14
The majority of long lasting upper back or shoulder pains are caused by bad posture
And are muscular/skeletal in nature.
Does it hurt more in certain positions lik if you twist, bend over, or reach for something?

Gary A
24-01-17, 22:26
I have googled my symptoms again and worried again. It says if you have left sided back/shoulder pain for more than a few weeks you should get checked out. I know i have had my oxygen levels checked, heart and lungs listened to and tapped and my bloods done twice and all ok. I have had this pain for 3 months and can't stop worrying it's my lung because it's not going. If i pull my shoulders back it hurts my left shoulder blade.

I don't get it. You say that it tells you on google that if you have left sided back pain for more than 3 weeks then you should get it checked out.

Thing is, you did get it checked out. You even wrote the details in your post:

"I know i have had my oxygen levels checked, heart and lungs listened to and tapped and my bloods done twice and all ok."

So what's the problem?

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Scenario. ..."I've just googled my symptoms and omg!" Then stop googling symptoms.... "Why are you judging me!" :wacko:

ISB ☺

Yeah, there's a lot of that around here. :lac:

zippy
24-01-17, 22:26
It hurts if I pull my shoulders back and twist my torso side to side.

Gary A
24-01-17, 22:31

Then it's muscular. Simple as that.

Stecakes
24-01-17, 22:34
This is clearly muscular injury. Pathological pain like from lungs would just always be there regardless of your movements.
I bet when you're sitting you sit forward a lot or your shoulders sit forward.
Try to do light stretches in the mornings, and when in the shower spend a few extra minutes letting the hot water hit the area.

Catherine S
24-01-17, 22:36
Thing is, if pulling your shoulders back extra straight isn't your natural body position...meaning alot of people tend to slouch...then the muscles that aren't used to that position will protest.

ISB

Miznuvem0412
24-01-17, 22:47
Google told me I had fatal insomnia/ hiv / thrush / diabetes

fu**. Google . I never google anything anymore. That fuels anxiety to the max . Go see a doc if you feel something wrong

Google will tell you you're dying when in reality nothing is wrong

PanickyGuy
24-01-17, 22:52
*shakes fist* Damn you Dr. Google, you pulled another one of us right back in! :lac:

Yeah I agree with the other members here. Sounds like minor muscular/skeletal issues, probably heighten by anxiety.

Sphincterclench
25-01-17, 00:17
My tailbone hurts when I sit in my crappy chair all day long working. when I sit on my couch or recliner, it doesnt hurt, when I stand, it doesnt hurt. Now...is it the chair and my crappy posture or stage 4 colon cancer with mets to the bones?

sounds harsh but this is how I try to process things, sometimes I win, sometimes I dont but for me this kind of back and forth with myself seems to be the most productive way for me to think.

axolotl
25-01-17, 08:05
Remember Google doesn't tell you anything, it's a neutral tool that points you to information that you seek out yourself. When you find that information, your anxious mind cherry picks the scary and ignores the reassuring, and refuses to admit that you're really not qualified to understand the health sites you've found.

Google isn't the one telling you have diseases, it's a neutral agent, it's just a tool helping you tell yourself.