PDA

View Full Version : Bad time

malc38
15-04-07, 20:40
Hi everyone,
I havent posted on here for ages ( since last year i think), i had been doing really well last year until sept time when my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer. Held things together pretty well while she had the op and treatment afterwards. About Nov time my anxiety came back with a vengance and this year seems even worse. Im getting married on the 25th of this month to my long term partner and to put it bluntly i feel like s##t. The hayfever season has started so i feel bad from that which in turn is affecting my sinus, i feel so anxious and stressed at the moment, im now getting eczema which ive not had since i was a child. Constant feelings of dread have returned as well as well as concentrating on how i feel constantly. Im just starting to feel so down at the moment wondering whats the point, i cant enjoy the things that i like doing anymore.
Any advice from anyone would be cool, of course the wedding is making me even more anxious as i dont want to mess the day up for my girlfriend.

Regards to everyone

Malc

clickaway
15-04-07, 21:57
Hi Malc,

Firstly, understand why this has come back now when you have your very own wedding coming up soon fater your mum's problems.

Secondly, talk about how you feel to those close to you and maybe even a counsellor if you think that helps. Another way you could ease the stress is to get a good amount of exercise, even if that means going out for a walk every day.

Everyone has wedding day nerves and I have seen a number of posts on here on this subject. As far as I know, it all went well on the day!

Cheers,

domino
15-04-07, 22:08
Hello, sorry to hear that you are feeling s..t at the moment, you have had a lot to deal with too, firstly hope your mum is on the mend, and secondly, your forth coming wedding, anxiety was eventually going to rear it,s ugly head , but you will get though this and i wish you every happiness for the future, enjoy your day, and let us know how it went. Chin up you will be fine.:winks:

ceecee
16-04-07, 11:12
hi malc
sorry to hear that your mum has gone through a tough time hope she is now on her way to a full recovery.
you have had a lot on your plate and weddings are quite stressful to organise too!
just know that we are all here for you if you need us.
take care and all the best for your big day!!!!!!:)
rach x

neptuno
16-04-07, 12:11
Hello Malc !
I think you are doing really well considering all the stress you are under. The fact that you have gotten through tough times before means that your brain already knows its way through this low point. Allow time to relax properly, listen to tapes or whatever you did in the past. Sometimes we all need to recap on these techniques. I know I do regularly ! Take some quiet time to imagine how elated and happy you will feel once the wedding ceremeony is over, imagine all those special moments you will remember and smile about afterwards and you will begin to really look forward to the whole day itself. This is a wonderful step forward in your life which will bring you happiness, security and well-being. Grab it all - it's yours for the taking !
Be kind to yourself.

malc38
18-04-07, 21:36
Hi there,
Many manuy thanks for the replies and kind words of encouragment, it means a lot. Im just getting the last few things sorted before the wedding next week and i have to say ( not tempting fate ) im feeling better than i was at the begining of the week. Ill let you all know how it went when i get back in a week or so.

Take care all
Malc xxx:)

malc38
15-05-07, 21:21
Hi all,
Just a quick note to say the wedding went really well, i felt terrible before but once i was in the registry office i manged to relax and enjoy it. The whole day was a great experience one i will never forget. Many thanks once again for the messages of encouragment.

Take care
Malc xx