PDA

View Full Version : More than just neck pain?

RVP
24-01-17, 21:55
Hi guys..I've had my neck sprain/pain for about 2/3 weeks now. I'm not going to lie, it has definitely gotten better, but in the morning when I wake up (depending on how I sleep) it'll feel like it's going or it's worse than yesterdays pain.

Casting my memory back, I was watching a movie in bed, I normally have 2 pillow, and for some odd reason instead of resting on the pillow I had tilted my neck forward without any support other than my neck muscles (weird I know right?) I stayed like this for around 30-45 minutes from what I can remember.

After that it never hurt, and I don't recall it hurting for the following days, but one weekend (2 weeks ago) I had quite bad neck pain and all of a sudden whilst sat down, pain went over the week then bam again quite bad over the weekend.

Now it's playing on my mind 24/7 and yes I googled..neck cancer came up, even kidney cancer??? from a neck pain.

I can't feel any lumps or bumps, and my neck is completely fine to move around etc, it just pains now and then, not a sharp pain, but a dull ache on the left side of my neck, which sometimes radiates to the back of my head (just before the head, so the upper middle part of my neck)

Yes I'm scared, yes I should know better, but it's really bothering me.

odk
25-01-17, 05:03
If it changes depending on how you sleep then it's likely just a muscle/joint issue. Have you seen a physiotherapist or chiropractor?

RVP
25-01-17, 16:35
That's the thing..I think it feels like a physical paint rather than something inside causing it but it doesn't hurt with every movement..It's only sometimes and i could be doing something completely random. It's also not in one localised pain but it's definitely around my left neck and lower head neck area which if I look at a skeletal image is one big muscle around the back.

JamieRR6
02-02-17, 21:57
I am constantly battling with a dodgy neck. I get severe tension at the top/ back of my neck, which causes all sorts of horrible symptoms- lightheaded, foggy, dizzy and headaches. I do notice the severity of how I feel in the day has ALOT to do with my sleep. My doctor always told me to only sleep on one pillow max, which definately helped. Also, I bought a cervical spine pillow from Amazon, which is proving very useful, and since buying I haven't woken up with that 'twinge' you get, where you know you have slept on it funny.