PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Node Anxiety

panicliz
24-01-17, 22:02
Hi all! New here, but have been suffering from very terrible HA for most of my life. It has been very bad lately due to my boyfriend's neck lymph node(s).

He is 21, in good health. In March/April 2016, I noticed a rather large lymph node (about 2cm) as well as a small one (<1cm) above it on the left side of his neck in posterior triangle. It was/is painless, moveable, soft/rubbery, and firm. He has had acne for about 8 years which has improved or worsened depending on the time. He has also had some type of bad folliculitis for about 4 years now. This folliculitis causes him to have large boils which eventually pop and puss/bleed and are very hot and painful (sorry for that image). He tried treatment once but was misdiagnosed and the cream/pills he took for it did not help. He didn't really have the money for another treatment.

We went to a walk-in clinic in May 2016 where he had a CBC and an ultrasound of the node where the results were fine on the CBC and the ultrasound just said the measurements and that it may be a reactive node (we forgot to tell the dr. that he has had scalp infection for years when she asked if he had been sick recently). Anyway, we saw 2 other doctors after that and they did not seem concerned. He went to the ER in July 2016 after having bad stomach pain one night and then it subsided by the time we were seen by a dr. He got a CBC anyway where it was normal besides a little high WBC, but he said this was due to the fact that he was in pain and there was inflammation in the stomach. He has not had this pain again since then.

Since then, he has had no symptoms besides night sweats that are not drenching. He has apparently had these for most of his life and it's usually just his legs that get sweaty. He refuses to sleep without a blanket even when warm. The lymph node is still the same size and consistency, and he still has the scalp infection. Basically, it has been 8 months since our last dr visit. My parents, who are both RN's, have seen/felt it and say it is fine due to its consistency and he has no real concerning symptoms.

I poke and prod it constantly though, and it causes me concern each day to the point where I am nauseous and shaking from my anxiety. I go to dr. google on a daily basis and worry myself reading about the C word, specifically lymphoma. Now, today when I was poking and prodding I found a lymph node that was not there yesterday. It is near the other two and same consistency. I don't know if it came about from the poking and prodding but I hope and pray it goes away.

I am having severe anxiety and need some guidance. Anyone with this type of scalp infection experience this? Should I be worried about lymphoma? If we've been to 3 doctors, done 2 CBC's, 1 ultrasound, as well as consulted my RN parents, the fact that it is not growing in size, only waxing and waning, is firm, soft/rubbery, moveable, not attached to the neck, painless, and he has no other symptoms which point to a malignancy, should I calm down? PLEASE make me feel better!!! It's driving me insane!

He's not worried or concerned about this at all, by the way. Just me.

DpickensUSNavy
25-01-17, 05:01
I'm Going Through The Same Thing But I have Learned To Not Worry About Them. They have Been The Same size Since I Discovered Them and No Other Symptoms I've had them for 4 Months. Constantly Touching Them Will Make them Stay They way they are I've learned That the hard way!

panicliz
25-01-17, 06:38
Glad that so many other people on here are going through a similar experience! I've significantly calmed down after discovering this site. If he's had tests, seen multiple doctors/gotten multiple opinions, we know of a current infection he has and is not currently treating, and has no symptoms that point to something sinister, I think all should be good. :) I just need to learn not to use Dr. Google or listen to that little voice in my head! Hope everything stays well with you :hugs: