PDA

View Full Version : Anyone smoke marijuana for anxiety or insomnia

Miznuvem0412
24-01-17, 22:26
Has it worked for you???

Gary A
24-01-17, 22:29
Has it worked for you???

I used to smoke a lot of it a few years back. It wasn't for any medical reasons, I just enjoyed laughing. :shades:

What I can say is that in my experience, it will drastically increase your anxiety levels over time. Insomnia, again speaking from experience, will be helped by marijuana, but the drowsiness after sleeping can be really horrible.

Miznuvem0412
24-01-17, 22:31
I used to smoke a lot of it a few years back. It wasn't for any medical reasons, I just enjoyed laughing. :shades:

What I can say is that in my experience, it will drastically increase your anxiety levels over time. Insomnia, I can only speak from experience, will be helped by marijuana, but the drowsiness after sleeping can be really horrible.

I've smoked indica before and it makes me so relax yeah a few hear palps but it goes away. Nothing but laughing/relaxation / munchies

I asked my psychiatrist if I should try it for a bit :huh: see what happen

I started exercising and seeing a sleep therapist providing me relaxation techniques

I've been giving meds to sleep but the feeling I get the next day I hate . Nasty side effects

Gary A
24-01-17, 22:36
I've smoked indica before and it makes me so relax yeah a few hear palps but it goes away. Nothing but laughing/relaxation / munchies

I asked my psychiatrist if I should try it for a bit :huh: see what happen

I started exercising and seeing a sleep therapist providing me relaxation techniques

I've been giving meds to sleep but the feeling I get the next day I hate . Nasty side effects

I didn't really like indicas to be honest, I found the high to be too heavy. I used to get major paranoia smoking indicas. Sativas allowed me to be quietly happy yet still sociable.

Is medical marijuana legal where you are?

Miznuvem0412
24-01-17, 22:42
I didn't really like indicas to be honest, I found the high to be too heavy. I used to get major paranoia smoking indicas. Sativas allowed me to be quietly happy yet still sociable.

Is medical marijuana legal where you are?

I only really smoke indica should I give sativa a go? I just want something natural as I work through my anxiety with my therapist .

I hate having to rely on seroquel, Ativan , or xanax to sleep. The next day I feel so out of it .

So far my anxiety has got better but you know it can always flare up.

:shades: yes, state of California marijuana is now legal for both medical and recreational purposes .

So why not give it a gooo lol

Gary A
24-01-17, 22:58
I only really smoke indica should I give sativa a go? I just want something natural as I work through my anxiety with my therapist .

I hate having to rely on seroquel, Ativan , or xanax to sleep. The next day I feel so out of it .

So far my anxiety has got better but you know it can always flare up.

:shades: yes, state of California marijuana is now legal for both medical and recreational purposes .

So why not give it a gooo lol

Again it's all down to personal experience, but I just found sativas more enjoyable because I would go about my day normally. Indicas just floored me, to the point I just sat and did nothing.

If it's legal and recommended by your therapist, then yes, why not? If it doesn't work, at least you'll have a good laugh trying. :yesyes:

Sphincterclench
24-01-17, 23:04
Maybe Im just too far from the scene or too tragically unhip but all it ever made me do was be hungry and paranoid. Neither of which I found to be suitable.

Gary A
24-01-17, 23:07
Maybe Im just too far from the scene or too tragically unhip but all it ever made me do was be hungry and paranoid. Neither of which I found to be suitable.

I wouldn't worry, I smoked it for 15 years and at one point was smoking about an ounce a month, and even then certain strains made me nothing more than hungry or paranoid.

Miznuvem0412
24-01-17, 23:08
Again it's all down to personal experience, but I just found sativas more enjoyable because I would go about my day normally. Indicas just floored me, to the point I just sat and did nothing.

If it's legal and recommended by your therapist, then yes, why not? If it doesn't work, at least you'll have a good laugh trying. :yesyes:

True give it a go a few times and see what happens I just mainly wanted to sleep lol

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-17, 05:01
De criminalisation is a different thing to medical approval based on clinical evidence. See what he/she says.

There have been some threads about CBD oil helping anxiety and that's the element thought to help as opposed to the one that gets you out of it.