PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really weird

Porko91
25-01-17, 08:01
As some of u may know I've been suffering from anxiety for about 6 months now first it was als and currently is hiv. Over the last couple of days I haven't felt "right" I get spells of lights headedness and feeling dizzy my twitches have started again on my legs and my vision is probably the worst it's ever been I've got really dry lips and constant urination I've also been very wobbly on my legs sometimes it feels like I'm drunk especially when I get up from a laying down position, the twitches are really the thing that is telling me my anxiety is high. I've accepted that it's anxiety but thoughts keep coming back in my head about hiv. Anyone else experience these feelings? I had blood tests done 2 weeks ago and they have all come back clear of anything sti wise and all my blood work is really good according to my doctor only thing I've had for a while is high blood pressure. And my risk I had of hiv was unprotected oral sex getting a blow job. After 5 and a half weeks of exposure I had those tests.

Thank you

Miznuvem0412
25-01-17, 09:18
As some of u may know I've been suffering from anxiety for about 6 months now first it was als and currently is hiv. Over the last couple of days I haven't felt "right" I get spells of lights headedness and feeling dizzy my twitches have started again on my legs and my vision is probably the worst it's ever been I've got really dry lips and constant urination I've also been very wobbly on my legs sometimes it feels like I'm drunk especially when I get up from a laying down position, the twitches are really the thing that is telling me my anxiety is high. I've accepted that it's anxiety but thoughts keep coming back in my head about hiv. Anyone else experience these feelings? I had blood tests done 2 weeks ago and they have all come back clear of anything sti wise and all my blood work is really good according to my doctor only thing I've had for a while is high blood pressure. And my risk I had of hiv was unprotected oral sex getting a blow job. After 5 and a half weeks of exposure I had those tests.

Thank you

None of what you're feeling are even remotely signs of early acute hiv infection. Get tested again or move on u don't have hiv

axolotl
25-01-17, 09:37
I think essentially you've engaged in something incredibly low risk to you, got the all clear test-wise, and have symptoms that don't resemble it anyway, so it's really now something you can put to bed as a concern.

I remember many years ago getting HIV fear after feeling unwell after indulging in some uncharacteristic sexual behaviour, and I think a large part of it comes from guilt. The answer is always get yourself tested if you've done something daft and worry about it, believe the results, be more careful next time, and don't beat yourself up for doing something human.

GlassPinata
25-01-17, 09:45
Lightheadedness, dizziness, twitchiness, wobbly legs, vision changes, dry lips, and frequent urination- in fact EVERY SYMPTOM YOU JUST DESCRIBED- are classic signs of anxiety disorder. The only one you didn't mention is difficulty swallowing.
I have all these symptoms too, and I think I have neither HIV nor ALS (rather, I think I have cancer, but that's a different story).

The same way your brain keeps trying to tell you these are actually symptoms of HIV, mine keeps telling me they are actually symptoms of cancer. And another member here is probably experiencing these same symptoms and believing they are actually symptoms of heart disease, schizophrenia, Muscular Dystrophy, Leprosy, or whatever disease they fear the most.

The fact is, we are both- we are all- suffering from health anxiety.
Even if there is something physically wrong with us on top of that, the symptoms you describe are familiar to most of us here, as they are symptoms of health anxiety, and that is what causes them.

Your fear of HIV will eventually recede and disappear; if not on its own, then certainly when you test negative again in a few weeks- but your physical symptoms will not. Not unless you receive treatment for what is causing them. Anxiety disorder.

Best wishes.

Porko91
28-01-17, 06:00
Thanks guys ! It's been a very tough time for me, and I know this will settle itself real soon! One last thing my memory as of late has been tremendously poor for a while now constant forgetting things. Does anyone know if my anxiety of all these diseases could make me forgetful and it's like my life has flashed passed me these last 6 months or so I do remember stuff but some stuff I don't even remember. I work as a painter and I know fumes could also affect my memory.

Anyone else have bad memory problems ?

Porko91
29-01-17, 22:08
Anyone? I've just felt blank as of the last couple of days. Does anxiety affect ur memory?

Fishmanpa
29-01-17, 22:13
Anyone? I've just felt blank as of the last couple of days. Does anxiety affect ur memory?

Porko, yes, anxiety affects your entire body both physically and mentally. You're in a really bad spiral and I hope you get some relief soon.

Positive thoughts

Porko91
29-01-17, 22:24
Thank you for your time fishmanpa. I have virtually let go of thinking I have hiv!
It's just now I feel so blank and like a pressure in my head and it feels as tho I'm going crazy or actually losing my mind! It's as tho as my mind is completely blank at times. It scares me as I thought this would go away after me letting go of my problems! :(

GlassPinata
29-01-17, 23:20

At my worst, anxiety affects my cognitive and motor skills and judgement to the point that I do not even trust myself to drive.
It can have many effects on your body and mind, and yes, even your memory.
Try and remain calm. Best wishes.