PDA

View Full Version : A week of palps

wubu
25-01-17, 21:34
It's been the longest time and I've been getting a palps mainly when walking, doing stuff. ECG was ok and got some bloods done and gonna arrange for a 24hr monitor.

Anyone else had/get daily palps? I take up to 120mg Propranolol daily which kind of helps.

ellzeena
25-01-17, 22:30
I've had PVCs my entire life; I remember having them in childhood. I've seen probably 100 or more cardiologists, a few of them pretty impressive doctors and that includes my present cardiologist at albany Med who specializes in valve replacement! I've worn holter monitors, had stress echo tests, echo doppler, etc. My heart is "normal" and "healthy". My PVCs are considered a normal variation of heart function. I bet yours are too. My PVCs are definitely related to my stomach: empty stomach, just having eaten, intestinal distress (I have IBS also), etc. give me PVCs. Panic does not help, makes them worse. You are noticing your PVCs when you are active because your heart is working normally and you may very well not be noticing them when you are just sitting and relaxed. Get the 24 hour monitor; if you have too many PVCs there is medication for it but most doctors will not do that unless you are having an enormous number during the course of every day (that is rare). Do whatever it takes for you to learn to IGNORE THEM and UNDERSTAND what sets them off. Don't let this stuff ruin your life.

wubu
26-01-17, 00:26
Thanks for the reply.

Is a PVC where it feels like the top of your heart beats then the bottom as this is what I get, of course I googled that which was a no no!