PDA

View Full Version : Is there any help?

ellzeena
25-01-17, 21:50
I have GAD, PTSD and complicated grief. My therapist does not know how to treat complicated grief, no one does around here, the only help is in NYC too far away. I have had a horrible past six months, otitis externa needed multiple scary treatments at Albany Med, still doing it; hearing somewhat affected, right ear canal a bit swollen from yesterday's treatment so is not hearing quite normally. On top of that, I had to sell my house after losing my daughter almost six years ago and now live in a place that is like a jail. My new next door neighbor is NINETY FOUR and apparently has a psychiatric condition, he is accusing me (to the manager) of ridiculous things (like telling him not to use his bathroom before 9AM!!) and I now have a LAWYER between me and the manager because I was finding letters in my door accusing me of these things. This ear thing made me so anxious I began to lose weight so today I went to my primary care Dr. to see what is going on; I logged into the health care portal and saw she put down my problem is "mental"!!!! SERIOUSLY? I have a psychiatrist now who can't seem to find a medication I can tolerate (I have problems with drugs, I get all sorts of side effects). I FEEL LIKE A LEPER, I feel like I am being labeled as mentally ill when I am not mentally ill, I am just at the end of my ability to cope with this entire situation. IS THERE ANY HELP out there or do I just have to go on getting more and more anxious and being labeled over and over again and not taken seriously? CAN YOU ADVISE ME? I'm so grateful to have found this website. :weep:

Stecakes
25-01-17, 22:39
Hi, im sorry to hear about your troubles.
I don't really know much about complicated grief.
But Here's some links that may be of use to you
Hope this helps

https://complicatedgrief.columbia.edu
http://www.thelightbeyond.com

ellzeena
27-01-17, 00:40
TY, I do know about the facility for complicated grief in Manhattan, they are situated in Columbia University somewhere.