PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop from worrying about my anxiety.

LiveAboveIt
26-01-17, 09:37
I think I've made a topic about this before, but it is driving me crazy. I've had GAD my whole life, but I feel like a door of awareness has unlocked and I can't seem to close it. I've become very aware of my thoughts during anxiety after having suffered from pretty intense intrusive thoughts.

The subject intrusive thoughts have ceased, but now I can't help but be constantly aware of my thoughts as they pop in and my mind just wants to constantly worry about my anxiety and what might be causing it and whatever else it decides it wants to think about. I just can't seem to stop it.

Even though I have convinced myself that this is JUST anxiety and that the thoughts are just a symptom of the anxiety, I can't stop them from constantly racing and thinking/worrying about the anxiety itself. This starts the moment I wake up in the morning and sometimes it makes it feel as if I can't think about anything else as it makes it very difficult to concentrate.

I'm working on not being afraid of this symptom, but for whatever reason it has proven to be incredibly difficult because I just keep falling into a low mood and worrying that this will never go away because I will never be able to stop thinking/worrying about thinking in general or the anxiety and I just don't know how to be okay with it.

Has anyone else struggled with this? I've been having issues with this on and off for the last 6 months or so. Some days are better than others, but this has been a never-ending mental torture.

Mermaid16
26-01-17, 09:54
Hi! I have suffered from this and know how annoying it is. The only way I found to help it is mindfullness. So not just like meditation mindfullness, but focusing on the task at hand. So if you are driving thinking about what you can see, what you can smell, what you can hear. If you are at the computer, think about the room you are in, are there any noises you can hear. It takes a while but it does get better and you will start to focus less on your anxiety and more on what is happening around you.

Jo1970
26-01-17, 14:31
I know the feeling. All I think about is how I am feeling psychologically. The physical symptoms doesn't bother me. It is the dread, low mood and feeling trapped I my mind that is the problem. Have you looked at the site...anxiety no more? Paul David explains this really well