PDA

View Full Version : Day 18 and feeling worse again! :(

Cherry79
26-01-17, 09:51
Hi all. Just looking for some advice pretty please!

I'm on day 18 of Citalopram (10mg). I had a terrible first 10 days of side effects and wasn't eating much or sleeping much, and that was really hard.

But I then started to feel a bit better and my appetite returned and I started sleeping much better.

But over the past 3 days I've started to go backwards again. I'm not sleeping well (which I really struggle with), my appetite has gone, and the anxiety has ramped up again. I wake up in the morning feeling awful with hideous anxiety, and a bit of diarrhoea and nausea.

Is this normal as it's still such early days? Or should I be asking my GP about an increase to 15 or 20mg??

I'd really appreciate any experience or advice. Feeling very down! :(

panic_down_under
26-01-17, 11:00
Is this normal as it's still such early days? Or should I be asking my GP about an increase to 15 or 20mg??

You do need to get up to 20mg as this is the usual minimum therapeutic dose for most. There is little point in delaying an increase, preferably to 15mg for a week if your doctor is okay with it. The side-effects won't be any worse if you up the dose now than if you wait.

Beckie4567
02-02-17, 18:04
I wud day just stick with it.it will help in the long run ya doing great dont give up

Mojo61
02-02-17, 19:00
The minimum therapeutic dose is 20mg. I was on 10mg for 3 months before increasing to 20 and it wasn't until I went up to 20 that I felt any noticeable effects. I think the initial "feel-good" experience is just a placebo effect.

Cherry79
03-02-17, 16:47
Saw my GP today and she wants to keep me on 10mg for a couple more weeks (I'm 4 weeks in now) due to the fact that I struggled with the side effects so badly.

My anxiety is up and down like a yoyo. I'll have a few days that are 'ok' ish and then I'll dip right back down again and feel absolutely awful.

I'm willing to wait another couple of weeks to increase and will ask about taking 15mg for a week or so to see if that helps the side effects.

Beckie4567
07-02-17, 22:29
Increasing was the best thing I did felt to much better on 20