PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics

sammie
26-01-17, 21:04
Hi all

i am no stranger to ectopics had them for years. However they have become more regular and always prior to my periods. As i am now nearly 50 they have suddenly becomes worse. So i asked my GP for an ECG as i was getting quite worried about them. GP said they would ring if there was a problem with the results. No phone call so i assumed all ok but rang them after a week just to check. Was told it was satisfactory and no further action needed. Satisfactory ? is that good ?

i assume the ticker is ticking ok ?

what does and ECG actually check / pick up ?

Thanks

Sam

Clydesdale Epona
26-01-17, 21:30
An ECG generally picks up anything alarming(i've had four regular and one 24hr one as a child) if the doctor says it's satisfactory then my guess would be everything is alright, if they noticed anything slightly odd they wouldn't beat around the bush and they'd be straight onto it trust me x

Mel_82
26-01-17, 23:58
An ECG generally picks up anything alarming(i've had four regular and one 24hr one as a child) if the doctor says it's satisfactory then my guess would be everything is alright, if they noticed anything slightly odd they wouldn't beat around the bush and they'd be straight onto it trust me x

This post actually helped me. I've been having heart worries all day - burning, palpitations... just an overall gross feeling.
I had an ECG about 5 weeks ago that came back clear. It's good to know what an ECG actually does.