PDA

View Full Version : Rough day

Mel_82
26-01-17, 23:39
Some days are better than others - today was one of the rough days.

It started this morning before I left for work - I had some palpitations. That seems to have set the tone for my entire day.

I had more palpitations at work, followed by a pain in my left armpit that freaked me out.
My heartburn has been acting up all day too - my throat, stomach and chest is hot and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it.

About 10 minutes ago I got that pain in my left armpit again followed my a warm sensation in my chest. I've also gotten really hot.

It's the same feeling I had at work about 5 hours ago now.

Does this sound like panic?

Panicer
26-01-17, 23:57
Hi Mel

Yes sounds like severe anxiety to me but it also sounds like you're doing well and not letting it escalate. I've had a terrible day too and seem to be on the edge of a full blown attack for the last few hours but I'm sure we'll both get through it. I'm currently trying to distract myself by cleaning the kitchen :wacko:

Mel_82
27-01-17, 00:02
Hi Mel

Yes sounds like severe anxiety to me but it also sounds like you're doing well and not letting it escalate. I've had a terrible day too and seem to be on the edge of a full blown attack for the last few hours but I'm sure we'll both get through it. I'm currently trying to distract myself by cleaning the kitchen :wacko:

I try to talk myself out of it - I'm so worried about my heart, so when things go array in my chest I immediately panic. I had an ecg about 5-6 weeks ago and it was fine.

I've been trying to distract myself as well.

Kb97
27-01-17, 00:03
Hey,
This sounds like me day to day but my biggest thing is my heart (palpitations) and I get awful above the chest pains too. I'm trying to just ignore it and shrug it off. I know it can be so difficult but to me you remind me of myself day in day out. However if you did want some clarity it you should go to your gp as it'll give you peace of mind:bighug1:

Mel_82
27-01-17, 00:08
Hey,
This sounds like me day to day but my biggest thing is my heart (palpitations) and I get awful above the chest pains too. I'm trying to just ignore it and shrug it off. I know it can be so difficult but to me you remind me of myself day in day out. However if you did want some clarity it you should go to your gp as it'll give you peace of mind:bighug1:

Mine is mostly burning pain. It's awful.
I googled it awhile ago (before I knew about the dangers of google) and now I have what I read stuck in my head.

I went to the walk in clinic last week and was given Nexium for heartburn but it's basically been useless. It hasn't really helped at all.

I've had several ECGs, chest X-ray, blood work, wore a monitor and nothing has shown anything wrong.
I do have an appt with a GP, but it isn't until March 22 - I'm in the midst of switching family doctors and that's the soonest I can get in :(

Panicer
27-01-17, 00:26
Yep I can feel where you're coming from, tight chest and in real pain all afternoon and evening. I know though it's just my anxiety dumping adrenaline and me going off on a crazy catastrophising thoughts process. So I'm going to try and ignore the anxiety and not feed it.

Mel_82
27-01-17, 00:32
Yep I can feel where you're coming from, tight chest and in real pain all afternoon and evening. I know though it's just my anxiety dumping adrenaline and me going off on a crazy catastrophising thoughts process. So I'm going to try and ignore the anxiety and not feed it.

I've been trying to do the same.
I took some tums and sat up and the heartburn seems to be dying down.

I'm always so worried that heartburn is gonna = something else and I'm gonna sluff it off as heartburn, take a tums go to bed and never wake up.

It's such a over the top thought too because I'm 34, like I said, I've had tests ... I don't smoke anymore, I don't drink and I'm relatively active.

All signs point to nothing serious, but my head blows it up.

Panicer
27-01-17, 00:39
Totally understand where you're coming from, I fall constantly into the what ifs trap. I read a book on health anxiety recently that my CBT therapist gave me. My diagnosis was GAD but I could relate to a lot of the HA stuff. I just need to see a news item about Heart Attacks and I'm off again. Just started Fluoxitine/Prozac so hoping that might give me some breathing space. We just need to keep telling ourselves that worrying about it won't improve it even 1% but it will almost certainly make it worse, easy to say and hard to do I know

Noivous
27-01-17, 01:02
Some days are better than others - today was one of the rough days.

It started this morning before I left for work - I had some palpitations. That seems to have set the tone for my entire day.

I had more palpitations at work, followed by a pain in my left armpit that freaked me out.
My heartburn has been acting up all day too - my throat, stomach and chest is hot and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it.

About 10 minutes ago I got that pain in my left armpit again followed my a warm sensation in my chest. I've also gotten really hot.

It's the same feeling I had at work about 5 hours ago now.

Does this sound like panic?

Absolutely! Those are classic anxiety symptoms Mel. And there are many others. I've had all those symptoms. You're physically fine.

N.

Mel_82
27-01-17, 01:26
Absolutely! Those are classic anxiety symptoms Mel. And there are many others. I've had all those symptoms. You're physically fine.

N.

Thank you for your response.
I'm slowly getting back to the point where i think I'm gonna wake up in the morning, which means the panic is subsiding a bit :)