PDA

View Full Version : If an intruder came into your home what you do, say etc.?

MetallicaFan
27-01-17, 12:52
My mom would call 911.

I would fake sleep and pray (in my mind) and maybe call 911.

KeeKee
27-01-17, 13:01
I would give them a warning to get out, tell them to take what they like and leave, if they didn't I'd do ANYTHING to get them out of my house.
I do actually have a lock on my bedroom door, but my child doesn't share a room with me and going to get her, then returning would be too time consuming.

SLA
27-01-17, 13:12
Tackle them to the ground, tie them up, and put my foot on their heads while I reached for my mobile phone.

I'd call the police and ask them to take him away.

Then i'd order pizza while I waited.

KeeKee
27-01-17, 13:16
Then i'd order pizza while I waited.

:roflmao:

mezzaninedoor
27-01-17, 13:17
I would use Venusian karate and open a can of whoopass on them!

( id probably run away ) ..........

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-17, 13:42
Confront them stark bollock naked screaming "squeal little piggy" with a raging hard on shouting "someone call Zed and bring out The Gimp".

That works on Jehovah's Witnesses too. :yesyes: But don't try it if your local Tory party candidate knocks on the door, it has the opposite effect :blush:

Magic
27-01-17, 15:52
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Have not got a clue. I think I would shout and scream as hard as I could.
Or,smack them one:shrug:

KatiePink
27-01-17, 19:46
I actually lived this 8 years ago and I can tell you it's absolutely terrifying when you're alone and you know someone is in your house. Anything you say/think you would do probably wouldn't happen unless you could predict exactly what the other person was going to do and you had the ability to stay calm.

If I really think about it I can feel the fear again it's so real! Luckily for me this was a person on the rob and nothing else, he thought the house was empty we came face to face and he ran out. That one moment felt like a lifetime though!

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

But yes, I had my phone ready with 999 on as soon as I heard something and the police arrived long after he had gone.
I don't know what I'd do if it happened again, I'm very alert even in my sleep so 99% I would hear them as soon as they tried to get in and would already be on the phone to the police.
I have things carefully placed around the house for protection if it came to that, but i would obviously rather stay put but be ready.

BikerMatt
27-01-17, 20:56
Confront them stark bollock naked screaming "squeal little piggy" with a raging hard on shouting "someone call Zed and bring out The Gimp".

That works on Jehovah's Witnesses too. :yesyes: But don't try it if your local Tory party candidate knocks on the door, it has the opposite effect :blush:

:roflmao::roflmao: Love it Terry! A couple of classic films! That wouldn't work for me, I can only get a 90% stiffy these days.

Without question I would grab one of my golf clubs and give them a good pasting!

Fishmanpa
27-01-17, 21:08
I'll send my cat after him! ~lol~

True story.... I first heard of the breed "Pixie Bob" from a news article back in 2000 "Cat attacks Burgler". A man had a big male and someone broke into his house. As he was going around with a flashlight he heard a growl. He shown the light up and this big cat jumped down, bit and clawed him. The Pixie Bob was defending it's territory! The guy calls the police and the police find the burgler walking down the street bleeding! I looked them up and said to myself... "I have to have one of these!"

He's the sweetest and most loving cat I've every known but all I know if if he reacts to a threat the way he reacts at the Vet's office, watch the hell out! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

GlassPinata
27-01-17, 22:53
I'd probably try to run out.

Stecakes
27-01-17, 23:39
I think burglary is a violent type of crime. And should be met with violent force, even deadly force. May sound harsh but I'd rather overreact than underestimate

Noivous
28-01-17, 02:52
BANG!

NoraB
28-01-17, 09:53

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Whilst playing the banjo?

I'll just throw one of OH's socks at their face. That should render them unconscious long enough for me to phone for the Plods.:yesyes:

Noivous
28-01-17, 13:18

I'll just throw one of OH's socks at their face. That should render them unconscious long enough for me to phone for the Plods.:yesyes:

Hahaha hilarious!

Haha Terry are you combining 2 movies...with similar scenes? OUCH!:scared15:

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-17, 00:06
I think burglary is a violent type of crime. And should be met with violent force, even deadly force. May sound harsh but I'd rather overreact than underestimate

The trouble is whilst you can blast an intruder with your portable semi automatic rocket launcher in the US, purchased at your local supermarket, the equivalent of bonking one with a rolling pin in the UK, also purchased at your local supermarket, will see you on a greater charge than the burglar!

And he may even sue you and probably win in our silly country!

I don't agree with it being a violent crime though but would with defending my family...to include a good kicking!

sporque
30-01-17, 00:21
I can tell a lot of you live in Europe! With the amount of firepower I have, it would be a very, very scary and bad day for any intruder. None issue for me.

Stecakes
30-01-17, 09:54
The trouble is whilst you can blast an intruder with your portable semi automatic rocket launcher in the US, purchased at your local supermarket, the equivalent of bonking one with a rolling pin in the UK, also purchased at your local supermarket, will see you on a greater charge than the burglar!

And he may even sue you and probably win in our silly country!

I don't agree with it being a violent crime though but would with defending my family...to include a good kicking!

The law was changed a long time ago in relation to using deadly force in burglaries. As long as you don't stab them whilst they're incapacitated, you're unlikely to face charges. It's about perceived threat rather than proven threat.
As for it not being a violent crime, I suppose it's a matter of opinion. In my opinion, any act that involves entering a home whilst people sleep, has potential
To be violent

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-17, 10:59
:roflmao::roflmao: Love it Terry! A couple of classic films! That wouldn't work for me, I can only get a 90% stiffy these days.

Without question I would grab one of my golf clubs and give them a good pasting!

Hahaha hilarious!

Haha Terry are you combining 2 movies...with similar scenes? OUCH!:scared15:

I thought those 2 films would have the desired threat of striking fear into any burglar. :winks:

Nora, you don't want to see how I play the banjo :whistles:

Matt, I guess it's a bit like this for us more mature blokes http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/sexe/sexes377.gif

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

The law was changed a long time ago in relation to using deadly force in burglaries. As long as you don't stab them whilst they're incapacitated, you're unlikely to face charges. It's about perceived threat rather than proven threat.
As for it not being a violent crime, I suppose it's a matter of opinion. In my opinion, any act that involves entering a home whilst people sleep, has potential
To be violent

Is it still acceptable force? I always found that pretty unclear.

NoraB
30-01-17, 11:16
To be violent

Be careful not to leave any toys on the stairs, folks, as poor old criminal could fall and break their neck and sue your arse!:whistles:

I'm not a violent person but law or no law, if there is some mental making his/her way up my stairs to where my little lad is sleeping, I will end them.

A mama with cubs you do NOT want to mess with.

*retracts claws*

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Nora, you don't want to see how I play the banjo :whistles:

No hands?:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-17, 11:22
Be careful not to leave any toys on the stairs, folks, as poor old criminal could fall and break their neck and sue your arse!:whistles:

I'm not a violent person but law or no law, if there is some mental making his/her way up my stairs to where my little lad is sleeping, I will end them.

A mama with cubs you do NOT want to mess with.

*retracts claws*

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

No hands?:winks:

Yeah, and the only string I play is G. :yesyes:

NoraB
30-01-17, 11:26
Yeah, and the only string I play is G. :yesyes:

mezzaninedoor
30-01-17, 13:04
:ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
31-01-17, 05:44

Apparently we can carry a blade as long as it's non locking and 3 inches long or less in the UK. I'm not sure if my weapon counts as "bladed" but it is pointy. I doubt I would be flashing it if it conformed to the legal length though :winks:

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t15184.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sex.php?page=5)

Noivous
31-01-17, 06:31
Just wondering...is this intruder male or female?:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
31-01-17, 07:34
Just wondering...is this intruder male or female?:winks:

I'm naked either way. :yesyes:

NoraB
31-01-17, 08:03
Apparently we can carry a blade as long as it's non locking and 3 inches long or less in the UK. I'm not sure if my weapon counts as "bladed" but it is pointy. I doubt I would be flashing it if it conformed to the legal length though :winks:

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t15184.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sex.php?page=5)

You got me to laugh before 10am. Well done Sir!:yesyes: