PDA

View Full Version : head probs

tracy
22-10-04, 21:03
hi all, i recently been to see my gp as i have been feeling out of sorts i am waiting on to have some medical tests at the moment. i do suffer with anxiety and the occasional panic feeling, but i have been having this strange feeling as though i'm going to fall over when i am in and out, my gp said that most gps put it down to anxiety when it could possibly be medical , but i said the feelings i get are a simular problem to anxiety but she doesnt feel its the case. i have been also feeling as if my head is very heavy and i keep having these feelings and its worrying me that i may be going mad . i had all the blood tests done and they came back ok. i have been doing really well for 2yrs now getting out and about and suddenly this started about 4 weeks now and it just wont go. they say it could be vertigo but i feel somethings wrong with my head i feel very frightened.

seh1980
22-10-04, 21:56
hi there,

Your head pains do sound like a symptom of anxiety. Often with us panicky people, we let these pains spiral out of control and assume that they are something serious when they're not. I'm sure that you have nothing to be worried about and that all your tests will come back fine. Good luck!!

Sarah :D

tracy
22-10-04, 22:28
hi sarah thanks for the reply, i don't have any pain as such just that my head feels heavy and when i am up and walking about i feel as if im going to fall over and i fel as if there is something wrong with my cordination as i feel that i am not walking in a straight line when i am out i have to have my hubby with me for surport as i started having problems with my legs feeling jelly like sometimes i feel very distant and that what scares me.i surpose because of the way im feeling my mind is reading more into it and thats why i get these feelings. i tried the rescue remedy but it had no effect on me at all i still feel the same i used it for 2weks or more. is there anything that somebody as used as helped them?. also i was reading about vitamins is it worth taking the b vitamins . i read it helps with anxiety.
cheers tracy

Laura xx
22-10-04, 22:58
Hi Tracey

I have exactly the same problem! My head feels really heavy sometimes, as though someone is pressing it from the top! I also have really bad spells of bad co-ordination and dizziness.

I was picking my little boy up from school one day and fell in a bush. It is like the ground is coming up to meet me. It also makes me feel sick at times.

But I have now accepted that it is all a symptom of my anxiety, as my Dr said, I have had it on and off for four years.

It is so bad sometimes that I have to crawl up to bed xx

Hope this helps

Lots of Love

Laura xx

Meg
22-10-04, 23:08
Hi Tracy ,

What tests are you waiting on now ?

If your nervous sytem is under strain from panic then do go on a Vit B . It is the main vitamin that supports the Central Nervous System .

If you do decide to do this ensure its a good Vit B complex with at least 50mg of VitB 1, 6,12 in it plus a few others like niacin. It may make you pee flurescent yellow. Not harmful at all..

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

tracy
22-10-04, 23:14
hi laura thanks for reply it does sound simular to what you have or had but the gp said that sometimes the symtoms can mean medical not always anxiety so im not sure yet what to think it is all i can say it bloody scares me (excuse my language)
tracy

tracy
22-10-04, 23:18
hi meg thanks for reply im due to have a full medicall at the hospital but im having to wait the doc doesnt feel it all to do with anxiety another reason is because i have problems with my neck ive had it locked a few times and sometimes im in alot of pain she said it could be something to do with pressure thats what may make me feel off balnce but ive got to have an xray on it as well as full medical , but in the mean time i have to wait and put up with it.
tracy

Meg
23-10-04, 00:08
May be worth a trip to a chiropractor just to check that out if these tests take ages .

Always good to have an xray .

Massage head , neck , shoulders and back may help in the mean time . Tell the therapist first .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

this_grey_dove
29-10-04, 18:59
tracy-sounds all a bit 2 close 2 home 4 me! My first symptom of anxiety was this overwhelming dizzyness I got out of the blue (well I was pretty high on drugs) and it lasted for wks and I was so worried I just wanted 2 sleep the whole time as it was the only way I cud get away from the feeling. Then I started getting really weak and trembling muscles and I was ridiculously tired. The docs did blood tests/eye tests/ear tests etc. coz they thought I had a problem with the balance thing in my inner ear...but when the panic attacks started I accpeted that it was just anxiety. Sometimes I still reckon that their may be something wrong with me eg. 2 day wen I was shopping I thought I was guna pass out/faint/fall ova from the dizzyness....but the fact that I havent yet passed out or anything is a pretty gd sign that its just anxiety...hav faith in the docs...they get it rite most of the time...they'll sort u out!
good luck xpx

tracy
31-10-04, 13:11
hi thanks for reply,it could be anxiety that as returned its is def possabiltiy. it does come out in different ways but why i cant understand why cause ive been doing really well trying to get on with it .its been part of my life as long as i can remember so i thought i would try to ignore it and get on. i have had alot of probs with my neck over the years being locked and having physio on it so the gp said its worth having xray on it which im glad to say i have an appointment in 2/3 weeks im waiting on a medical at the mo at least with having that it will tell me wether its physical or mental. the trouble is with doctors they dont really understand mental problems and how we feel all they can do is give you something to help. one way or another i will know what it is soon, sometimes i wish it was physical that i can cope with and least then it will put my mind at rest and know im not going dotty.
anyway thanks for reply tracy