PDA

View Full Version : so tried and fed up of this

airwolf451
16-04-07, 12:21
as some of you guys already know , yesterday was a really bad day for me.

and today im left with doubt so need some re-assurance pls.

i went out on Saturday after having a BB with family and friends. i had a few too many drinks, but did have a good night.

the prob started on Sunday when i woke and felt my hangover.

and as per usual all the things in my left side came flooding back only 100 times worse.

the tension was extreme, there wasa buzzing eletrical feeling , centered round my head, shoulder, neck, arm and chest all on my left side. it would get so bad that if i touched my face it didnt feel like my own. also my arm felt quite numb. and my left face felt overly relaxed, but at the same time it felt like someone was blowing a balloon in my head.

so i lay in bed, and tried to sleep it off, but to no avail, at 11pm last night, it was still there. and at this time i had only managed to get outta bed, i had tried it earlier, but felt way to weak and could picture myself taking a fit. and my body was twiching and jerking on its own. im still feeling it today.

the thing that gets me is 99% of what im concerned about , and what im posting about is always related to my left side. now some yrs agao i damaged my left shoulder ( a separation they call it) and im wondering is it possible to get nerve or tendan damage many yrs later. i cant get a doctor to explain this to me, they just say, its anxiety without even explain how and why this happens, and i have seen 5 docs in total over the last yrs and a half. and meds are only helping a little, which again makes me think it may not be the anxiety as my anxiety is only bad when im complaining about my left side.

pls guys, for those of you who read this any help would be great. i know i ramble on sometimes, but im trying to fight this,and i need to make sense otherwise im gonna end up really worrying about dying etc ( which i cant take anymore..

steve

manmoor
16-04-07, 13:36
Steve :hugs: I have been where you are needing to seek reasurrance constantly but I knew if I carried on like that I was never going to get better. When you get the symptoms try distracting yourself DO NOT DWELL ON THEM. Any wonder you still feel bad as you spent the whole day yesterday in bed I told you to get up and do something but oh no you lay on wallowing lol. I'd advise you to see your doctor if you think the pain is coming from an old injury but as I've told you it's always my left side and lots of other members are exactly the same. The more you dwell on this the more fuel you are adding to your health anxiety please please listen to me Steve cos if you don't I'm gonna come up to Belfast with a medical encyclopedia and make you eat it. :D

Your Best Mate(maybe not after this post)

airwolf451
16-04-07, 14:37
Mandy i know your right.

but this feeling is so overwhelming, i thought my meds would have kicked in by now im on 30 mgs of zispan, 5mgs of buspar every other day and im taking rescue remedy into the barrgin.
am trying, really really hard, i couldnt even talk to my son today on the phone, kept jumping and feeling weak. my right side feels perfect, but my left is going mad.

also i found 5 red spots on my toungue today, which is worrying me.

how do i distract myself? i have tried everything.

Lynnann
16-04-07, 14:39
Hi Stephen,

Hunni, you know your anxiety is worse after you have been drinking, the fact that your symptoms are worse after drinking shows they are anxiety related.

I know this is difficult for you to accept but you are making yourself worse, mandy is right hunni and if you don't listen I will come with her to help make you eat the encyclopedia lol.

Seriously tho, the more attention you pay to your symptoms, the more you wallow and concentrate on every twinge and twitch, the worse they will become. It is feeding the anxiety monster and making it stronger.

You are such a good person and I know you can beat this but you have to accept the anxiety first and then you can throw it in a sack and beat the hell out of it.

Hug to you

Lynnann