PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted

peanut2
27-01-17, 18:29
I've been feeling really disconnected lately and sometimes I feel like I'm floating away (if that makes any sense). My anxiety has been getting so bad due to stress and I just feel like there is too much going on in my head. I'm tired and restless all the time, which is the funnest combination ever (sarcasm). And most of all, I just feel like everybody in my life has their own issues going on and I can't talk about mine, I just feel very alone in this and don't know how to make it better.

I am on sertraline at the moment which doesn't seem to be helping but I've already switched meds three times so I'm waiting it out at the moment and I'm on a never ending waiting list for counselling (although this has never really helped me in the past). The only thing that has really helped so far is always doing stuff (not productive stuff) but this is making me sooo tired all. the. time.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, just wondering if anyone feels similar to this or has any advice? x

GlassPinata
27-01-17, 22:58
Yeah, I feel the same.
My little boy spends weekends with his father (we are divorced), and when he's here I'm okay, but once he's gone I seem to lose all focus and just drift around aimlessly, feeling uneasy. I usually clean the house thoroughly as soon as he's gone and do laundry, and that kills a few hours. But after that.... wow. I just feel terrible and at loose ends for the rest of the weekend. :(

ellzeena
28-01-17, 00:07
I feel just as you do in many ways, except the only med I'm taking is a very low dose of Alprazolam 2x a day (sometimes 3), only .5 MG and I split them in half.

Anxiety is exhausting. That's why you feel exhausted, because you are. Think about that word: exhausted. You are "using up" all your reserves: emotional, psychological, physical, mental, just trying to get through every day. Plus you may be having sleep disturbance (you can have this without even knowing it) and/or disturbing dreams (and you may not be remembering them). I don't know what is causing YOUR anxiety, that's why therapy can help. It has not helped to eliminate my anxiety but it certainly has helped me to define what it is, why it is, and some coping mechanisms (that basically don't work for me, but might for you!)

I don't have any cure for this but I wanted you to know you are not alone.

Krishna shekhawat
31-01-17, 11:44
It's okay to feel stressed and everybody experiences it at some point in time. All the things that you have mentioned, I have been through them and I think the best way to fight stress is to take a deep breath and talk to yourself. Spend time with yourself and try to keep yourself happy. Because if you're happy, you can make others happy. There are different techniques to cope up with stress like yoga, meditation, massage, all you need to do is find the one which suits you. :yesyes:

KarloShen
31-01-17, 15:34
I've been feeling really disconnected lately and sometimes I feel like I'm floating away (if that makes any sense). My anxiety has been getting so bad due to stress and I just feel like there is too much going on in my head. I'm tired and restless all the time, which is the funnest combination ever (sarcasm). And most of all, I just feel like everybody in my life has their own issues going on and I can't talk about mine, I just feel very alone in this and don't know how to make it better.

I am on sertraline at the moment which doesn't seem to be helping but I've already switched meds three times so I'm waiting it out at the moment and I'm on a never ending waiting list for counselling (although this has never really helped me in the past). The only thing that has really helped so far is always doing stuff (not productive stuff) but this is making me sooo tired all. the. time.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, just wondering if anyone feels similar to this or has any advice? x

This sounds like depression to me. Have you been diagnosed with anything like that? Or is it just anxiety?

Another question that i might have is do you feel like this all the time or when you're around people and have someone to talk to you feel a lot better?

georgewing
01-02-17, 13:39
Well try als a naturalway eat healthy fruits vegetables etc ,make sport run yoga etc it will help your mind and spirit .Also try some meditation and be grateful all day for things you have because this will change your energy and will make you more positive