PDA

View Full Version : new today

Frankiejo
27-01-17, 21:16
I happened to find this website today while searching about anxiety and so have joined to see how others are coping.
I have suffered with anxiety for a few years now and three weeks ago when my son had to come and stay with us, i sky rocketed. He has autistic spectrum disorder and had been evicted from his 'supported accommodation'. Also we have lots going on and I just found it all overwhelming.

Unfortunately it affects me by making nauseous and vomit in the mornings not able to eat (and I have lost 18lb) and unable to function normally i.e. Cooking etc. And of course crying my eyes out.

But yesterday I went to the GP surgery and saw a doctor who I hadn't seen before and what a lovely doctor he was. Checked me out examined my tummy blood pressure, pulse, is doing an ECG and bloods. He has changed my Citalopram 40mgs to Paroxetine 20mg and cut my Atenalol by half as that doesn't help with depression and anxiety. So I feel I might be going the right way but I need to motivate myself. He also suggested Self Hypnosis has anyone tried that with success. I will give it a try- anything worth trying.

venusbluejeans
27-01-17, 21:24
Hiya Frankiejo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoraFlora
30-01-17, 21:10
I can sympathize with the anxiety causing morning vomitting and lose of appetite. When I go through bad bouts it feels just awful. And the weaker I get the more the anxiety persists.

I hope that passes for you soon.

Remember that any chance in medication can cause a little speedbump with symptoms, so if that occurs for you, have faith that it's temporary.

I have never tried to use self-hypnosis (I wonder if there are any threads on it in the Tips or Therapy subcategories)

I do try guided meditations and I try to practice my breathing.