PDA

View Full Version : Tips for dealing with frequent urination

Newscott39
27-01-17, 22:14
I posted before with more details, and I do know that frequent urination can be a symptom of stressful and anxious times. I have been obsessed with it though and keeping track of time between voiding, holding off, etc.

Are there others who have went through this? How do I stop letting it heighten my anxiety? I just can't accept it.

Any words of wisdom? Any thoughts that might soothe my mind?

GlassPinata
27-01-17, 22:31
I posted before with more details, and I do know that frequent urination can be a symptom of stressful and anxious times. I have been obsessed with it though and keeping track of time between voiding, holding off, etc.

Are there others who have went through this? How do I stop letting it heighten my anxiety? I just can't accept it.

Any words of wisdom? Any thoughts that might soothe my mind?

This is a common symptom of anxiety. i have it, and I attribute it to muscles that are unable to relax enough to allow the bladder to fully empty.
The only way I know to deal with it is to remain on the toilet even after I feel I'm done peeing... usually after awhile, more comes out.
It is certainly annoying, especially at work!

Newscott39
27-01-17, 22:40
Yes! Almost like the perma-anxiety/stress keeps the muscles tense. And I am sure it doesn't help that I am obsessed with it lol.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I need to be a bit more patient before leaving the bathroom.

Dave1
28-01-17, 20:55
I have this. It first caused me concern when I was in my mid thirties. Medical tests ruled out illness, and my doctor concluded it was probably caused by anxiety. It then gets gradually worse as you get older... :)