PDA

View Full Version : Hey, how are you guys? I'm here to try to help someone

KarloShen
27-01-17, 23:27
Hey guys, how are you today?

The things I've gone trough are probably the things that you're going trough right now, possibly even worse.

I remember when I had my first panic attack few years ago. I was going to sleep, and started to think about the groceries, and just couldn't get this thought out of my head - "I'm standing in front of the shelf and can't pick which beans to take"

as funny as this may sound, this thought lead me to my first panic attack, I just couldn't think of anything else, and I physically felt it being stuck in my head.

Later on it continued with me being anxious all the time, this lead to more anxiety and it got worse.

Like many people who suffer from anxiety I had physical symptoms, my eyes seemed to not properly and it felt that someone is poking my brain all the time.

All the examinations that I had showed that everything is fine physically, so I knew it was anxiety.

Later on this lead into a depression.

but I'm babbling too much here.

I've been almost anxiety and depression free for a few months now.

Therapy didn't help, meds just made me more numb, but didn't totally help as well, so I developed my own strategy on how to overcome anxiety and depression. And I did.

Glad to be here.

I hope I will be able to help someone.:bighug1:

Cheers

venusbluejeans
27-01-17, 23:32
Hiya KarloShen and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Catherine S
28-01-17, 00:15
Hi Karlo, so what is your strategy for recovery?

ISB ☺

KarloShen
28-01-17, 00:32
Hi Karlo, so what is your strategy for recovery?

ISB ☺

Hey,

I just wrote a quick summary of one of the exercises that I did that probably did 80% of the work towards my anxiety.

I would post a link, but my post count is under 10, look under GAD forum section, you will find it there.

Catherine S
28-01-17, 01:03
Thank you, I will take a look.

ISB ☺

GlassPinata
28-01-17, 01:22
Hi, welcome.
I'd be interested in hearing more about the strategies you used to overcome your anxiety.