PDA

View Full Version : Bumps in piercings... Worried of infection

Alpha
28-01-17, 00:12
Hi all, I'm so so sorry to be posting here all the time but my health anxiety has been terrible...

So two months ago I did 5 cartilage piercings... The safe way, with a needle in a tattoo and piercing studio. 3 in one ear, 2 in the other. I did everything the piercer said to take care of the healing, for about one month until they seemed okay. During that month I had the occasional bleeding and I had a bump in one of them that ended up disappearing so I didn't think much of it. But last Monday I saw a large yellow bump near one of them, it looked infected so I did what my anxiety told me too and googled. I got terrified getting to know the infection could go to my bloodstream and kill me, or even brain. So I went to the tattoo studio to ask my piercer about it and she said it was piercing pimples and that I actually had one in all 5 piercings because I was probably sleeping on them. It has been 2 months since I did them so yeah I was because I though they were healed. She told me to buy an ointment and put it on them, I did and the first bump that I noticed was gone in two days, I couldn't see the ones in the back of my ears so I just assumed they did too, but today my boyfriend checked them and they didn't and are looking really nasty... I send a pic to my piercer and she asked me to go there to see her as soon as I could. However today it's too late and tomorrow I have to attend an event all day... I am absolutely freaked out that this could lead to something worse... One of the bumps looks kinda purple and the others look filled with pus... My mother told me to put an antibiotic ointment on them but I think I should wait for the piercer to see it first... I don't know! The thing is I got sick at the same time I did my piercings, since then I got better but i've been having muscle twitches, so many canker sores, yeast infection, dry mouth at night... I thought it was probably just my anxiety but now i'm thinking what if it isn't and I've been having an infection and didn't notice and now it's too late... I cannot stop crying and my mother won't take me seriously, I really have to attend this event tomorrow so I'm scared it will get worse or will be too late until I can see my piercer :(

GlassPinata
28-01-17, 01:09
Check this out:

http://www.tattoo-art.ca/what-s-that-bump.html

Even if it is an infection, local infections are usually self-limiting, and systematic infections respond well to antibiotics.
You would know if you had a systematic infection. You'd be burning up with fever.
Your immune system will attempt to fight/dislodge any foreign object you insert into, through, or under your skin.
Piercings often stay raw and irritated for a long time before healing completely.
Keep using the antibiotic ointment.