PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so much better right now :)

davey2k12
28-01-17, 01:12
I'm writing this thread from a good place and hope it brings a small bit of inspiration to people who go through the daily struggle. I have had severe anxiety/health anxiety for many years I get particular rough patches the past few months has been the worst and the longest rough period I have ever had. I have tried every medication under the sun had every therapy known to man just in the past few months I have visited a and e 47 times with chest pains YES 47, when my doctor told me the actual number I nearly crapped myself. Some info about me: I'm 33 very unfit due to sitting around a lot with anxiety this time 3 days ago my resting heart rate was between 80 and 120 resting I had chest pains right through every day on and off I don't drink alcohol or caffeine nor do I take drugs and I never left the house. In the space of 3 days I have gone down from 23-25 cigs a day to just 6 in total today I have had a a workout 2wice a day I mean I was exhausted after the smallest ever workout's coughed a little but I still did it. Also I have been outside on more than one occasion also eating correctly. I still get chest pains through the day but I'm dealing with them effectively it's very hard to do it but through persistence and effort we can all achieve it. I still feel anxious quite a lot but again I feel like I'm dealing with it better. I do a relaxation tape on an evening which helps release tension in the body and gives me a 5 minute window to think of anything that's bugging me and the following day take one action to try and rectify any problems I may have in my life at that particular moment that is my 5 minutes and my only 5 minutes of the day that I'm allowed to do this I'm struggling with it but I think if I keep doing it eventually I will train my brain to do this as a first response just as I have trained it to use anxiety as a first response . I take my heart rate after the relaxation and for 3 nights it has been 60-65 bpm. Just know that how bad you feel that their is always a chance to give yourself a fighting chance to have a go at beating it :) this time last week I was in a and e having blood tests for my chest pain so it can be done. I wish all of you the very best and hope many of you are feeling better soon. Ps I feel like absolute crap sometimes and feel like relapsing quite a lot but it's part of it I'm starting to realise that more and more I will let everyone know how it goes but I'm taking this recovery seriously and will be working my backside off to make it happen

Dave1
28-01-17, 11:35
Hi other Dave,

Really pleased to hear your story, can you pinpoint exactly how the change occurred? What was it that turned you round? It would be really interesting to know the process that happened.

davey2k12
28-01-17, 17:35
Honestly my relationship with my kids mostly and other family members etc etc. I'm not fully there yet had a really crappy morning but sticking with the decrease in smoking healthy eating etc etc sticking with it until it bloody sticks lol. I'm going to get well or die trying

Bigboyuk
28-01-17, 21:12
[QUOTE=davey2k12;1640975]Honestly my relationship with my kids mostly and other family members etc etc. I'm not fully there yet had a really crappy morning but sticking with the decrease in smoking healthy eating etc etc sticking with it until it bloody sticks lol. I'm going to get well or die trying[/QUOTE} Its really hard Dave I smoke too how many a day if you don't mind me asking From yet another Dave ;) Cheers

Allochka
28-01-17, 21:26
What a wonderful post! We need more of that kind. From my experience I know there could be relapses, long and severe ones, but it does get better in general!

davey2k12
29-01-17, 14:55
I was on 23 a day last 3 days I have decreased to less than 10 a day and honestly even 3 days later I can feel the benefits. The plan is to completely quit by the end of next week :)
and thanks for the message allochka :)

Fishmanpa
29-01-17, 15:04
What an encouraging post Davey! Glad to hear you're taking steps forward toward healing. I hope other will be encouraged to follow in your footsteps.

Positive thoughts

Sphincterclench
29-01-17, 16:05
Feb 23rd will be 1 year without them, one of the best things Ive ever done for myself.

davey2k12
29-01-17, 18:32
Thanks for the reply fishmanpa got my heart rate down to 60bpm and all of this in just 3-4 days of healthy eating less smoking lots of water and a positive mental attitude you are actually part of the reason that give me a kick up the ass I read 1 of your previous posts and everything you had been through with the heart attacks etc etc. I was already going to do this but your story certainly helped fuel it. I just thought here I am moaning about my heart rate whilst not exercising smoking 20 plus cigs a day eating crap and I wonder why I get chest pains. And here's a guy having been through what you have been through and you were giving me advice to calm myself. I have behaved ridiculously looking back now I thought I was helping myself but I really was not. I genuinely believe my heart rate has always been 60bpm just my stress elevated it and the heavy smoking it's just funny that when i cut it down and start exercising and so on that it's down to an excellent level. I still get off moments I really do and the odd chest pain here and there but I really do feel committed here I'm going to keep pushing keep doing the right tbhings and fingers crossed with my therapy that's also coming up I could be a new person before the end of the year :)

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

heart rate from 80-120 down to 60-65 within 3 days and at a flat even 60 today and this is all in 3-4 days people reading this please believe in your self. I don't believe anxiety is cureable we are always going to be worriers it's in our nature but I do believe it is extremely manageable. I never used to believe it but I do now :) hang in there keep trying

Fishmanpa
29-01-17, 20:31
I'm truly glad I was able to help you see the light :) Seriously... The fact that I can pay it forward and help is why I'm here.

Keep up the good work ya hear! I want to hear good reports and progress.

Positive thoughts