PDA

View Full Version : Act all funny with anxiety?

phil06
16-04-07, 14:39
Can anxiety make you act all funny like when I worry about my depression coming back I don't want to speak much as I fear I am going mad or going back that way again?

I sometimes start worrying about silly things :shrug: I then look for symptoms and end up thinking that I have things wrong with me, can the anxiety bring symptoms on?

Like one night I was up all night worrying about it and then next day I was fine :huh: Does anybody else act funny when they start worrying about something? Is it all a normal thing with anxiety?

honeybee
16-04-07, 14:41
yep... that is PERFECTLY normal.... its just your anxious thoughts... they are only just thoughts though and it's good to remeber that they DO pass.. tried cognative behavioural therapy???

phil06
16-04-07, 14:47
yep... that is PERFECTLY normal.... its just your anxious thoughts... they are only just thoughts though and it's good to remeber that they DO pass.. tried cognative behavioural therapy???

Yea I thought it was normal with anxiety, never tried Behavioural Therapy not sure how to go about it...

Zanxiety
16-04-07, 14:55

True, your not on your own when you feel or act strange about worrying about a certain thing, as when we focus on something for a long time we then see this as being unpleasant and with this unpleasantness it will cause you to become a bit funny which is all natural as all thoughts are natural when you come to think of it.

Nothing serious to worry about though, as bad thinking can't destroy you and never actually become true. It just "feels" as thought it will happen, but won't. (I have to agree I do find this hard too).

honeybee3939
16-04-07, 14:59
Hi Phil

Here are some posts that may help

Dealing with negative thoughts
Dealing with negative thoughts (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7821)
How to stop negative thoughts? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16081)

CBT Questions (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=222)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

neptuno
16-04-07, 19:13
Hello Phil !

Oh yes - we all feel like this. Its important to cut the cycle of negative/worrywart thinking - it achieves nothing and leaves you feeling knackered ! Now is a good time to practice some relaxation and breathing techniques to quieten those active thoughts. If you allow your mind to concentrate on something else you can break this habit of negative self-talk.

phil06
20-04-07, 11:13
Thanks for all the replies.:) I've still been worrying about the depression, noticing other symptoms...is it normal to get a little bit excited for no reason? I know there probably is a reason but I can't really think as I am worried and it's gave me sleepless nights and I wake up convincing myself I'm going back manic depressed.

Do you think If I was going back that way I would notice it or would? Can anxiety bring back it all back?

It's my biggest worry at the moment and I have been worrying about it almost every day, not sure the best way to stop it.

I have been on medication for 2 years and had no problems yet I worry, the doctor even says I can start reducing the medication soon to see how I am but I don't think I will want to do that with all the worrying at the moment.

The anxiety seems to make me not want to say up late because it might be the depression coming back, and I can't talk much as I worry it will come back...just can't seem to stop the cycle of bad thoughts on this subject. :shrug:

matt1981
20-04-07, 14:30
Can anxiety make you act all funny like when I worry about my depression coming back I don't want to speak much as I fear I am going mad or going back that way again?

I sometimes start worrying about silly things :shrug: I then look for symptoms and end up thinking that I have things wrong with me, can the anxiety bring symptoms on?

Like one night I was up all night worrying about it and then next day I was fine :huh: Does anybody else act funny when they start worrying about something? Is it all a normal thing with anxiety?

Join the club mate I do that but not as much as I used to so it is something that you can overcome. What I would do you dont have to do this but I found it useful is to make a note of it next time you feel like this and when you feel a bit better have a look at the evidence you have which could suggest your depression could be coming back and question the validity of it. You will probably find there is very little substantial evidence to suggest that you will become depressed and this may offer you some reassurance :)

kate
20-04-07, 15:23
I have come on in leaps and bounds the last 6 months or so, I even started a new job on Monday.

BUT, I'm kind of just waiting for myself to start going backwards again, analising every thought and feeling :blush:

My counsellor works on the basis of challenging negative thoughts, thinking them threw to a logical conclusion and substituting negative with positive.

I KNOW what I'm supposed to do, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Kate