PDA

View Full Version : i feel ill and nobody is listning to me. is it a food intolerance

DonnaT
28-01-17, 19:22
ever since I was young ive always had a weird digestive system.
since I had my little girl march 16 ive had some peculiar troubles with my stomach.

one day I would become constipated then the next day I would be the other way and then I would get pains in my upper stomach like bloating and bad gurgling after I ate then it would all go away and be normal again for a month or so.
I went to GP who thought it was a flare up of GERD (had endoscopy 2015) and the acid was going down instead of up, he also sent me for an ultrasound because I was worried it was something else and he was checking for stones.

The ultrasound came back all clear. He told me that he thinks that I have a food intolerance. I was fine for a few days then all of a sudden I started to feel sick, as a ha sufferer ive had this on and off but ive been feeling so ill. its getting me down so much I feel so low. last night I had my tea then about 20 minutes after i felt so sick i went to bed and woke up feeling fine until about an hour after i woke up. the sickness seems to come and go last week in the car on the way to go bowling and it reduced all the way there and when we were there i didn't think about it once and felt fine until we were about to leave which makes me think this is anxiety. can nausea get that bad with anxiety ???
these are my symptoms do these match anybody with food intolerance, please help me i cant seem to track and particular food down

nausea
bloating in upper stomach
gurgling in upper stomach better now i have omeprazole
different stools types

GlassPinata
28-01-17, 19:40
Could very well be food intolerance.
A friend of mine developed an allergy to gluten, quite suddenly, a few years ago.
She became very ill and lost a lot of weight before they finally figured out what was going on.
After cutting gluten from her diet, she slowly began to recover.
Hopefully they will identify your problem soon, and it will be something easily treatable.
Best wishes.

SLA
28-01-17, 19:50
I gave up gluten after my daughter was diagnosed.

Brain fog went. Anxiety subsided. Energy levels increased. Felt better in general.

Got to be worth a try, as the upsides are huge.

Clydesdale Epona
28-01-17, 20:23
Sometimes foods can upset us even if we ain't allergic,
it's honestly a process of elimination.
i gave up cows milk and cheese(wasn't helping my poor digestion ect) i switched between different milks before sticking with oat and hemp milk x
i'm also giving up gluten which is helping amazingly, just try and give up what you think will help one at a time and after a while switch out something else, gluten is a good place to start x.

DonnaT
28-01-17, 21:42
thank you, I really don't want to feel ill any more, I have a beautiful family who I need to spend my time with rather than this

Fishmanpa
28-01-17, 22:05
Keep a food log. Reactions can happen out of the blue. My wife drank milk all her life. All of a sudden?.. Nope! We use almond milk and the issues resolved. We both have reflux. In addition to a PPI, we follow the FODMAP diet. Issues resolved.

So keep a log of what you eat and how you react. Modify your diet to avoid the foods that cause you issues ;)

Positive thoughts