PDA

View Full Version : Entire body feels... dull and sensitive?

Crumbsandcarrots
29-01-17, 04:03
TL;Dr: my hands feel like I have baby powder on them if I rub them together. This freaked me out. Noticed my feet felt the same way. And now my entire body feels weird like this. It's not painful. But my clothes that are cotton feel like they are silk as I moved around and shuffle about my day. Anyone else have full body weirdness?

I've had quite a year with the health anxiety.

Everything started for me a little over a year ago. I started having this slight tremor rumbling in my hands and legs and jaw. Then I wine to the Dr. And they asked all the neuro questions. Twitching? Hot cold sensitivity or lack of? Numbness? Pins and needles? I answered no to nearly everything. Doc figured it was stress. And sent me on my way.

Go home and jump on the computer to see what neuro problems they might have been looking for. "YIKES! I'm dying of a neurological disease?"... was what my stressed out brain figured to be the new reality.

Within the week. The occasional twitching. Followed by leg weakness. And legs buzzing. The buzzing moved up into my arms and chest and throat. Then some blurred vision. You name it. Zaps. Cold sensitivity. Metallic Tasted. Difficulty swallowing. Tongue feeling weird. My right arm felt burning and cold. Left shin felt burning. Weird soft pinching sensations all over. Full on BFS. Especially in my feet. Yikes. Burning foot.

There was no way this wasn't MS or some other nightmare.

So after a few more doc visits I got a referral to a neurologist. Long story short. Clean brain and c spine MRI. Three neurologists testing me everywhich way. Got the all clear.

That came after 8 months of getting my strength back. Putting some weight on (I lost about 30 lbs from stress). Finally had a little lessening of symptoms. Noticed that my leg buzzing was often correlated with stress. Once they'd start buzzing. They wouldn't stop for a week or two. Though often I'd wake in the middle of the night or in the morning and they weren't buzzing. Until I got brain going into stressed health anxiety mode.

Well... that was my life. I was able to say that I was feeling much better to all of my friends that stuck around and were there for me. "I'm not worse. I think I'm feeling better. The buzzing isn't as intense...."

Well... fast forward a year. I visited my parents house for the holidays. Reminissed on my hard fought year. Felt confident I didn't have MS or some other nasty neuro. Got back to my house some 500 miles north, to begin the new year. And noticed my hands felt weird. Figure it was because it was cold and dry. Bam, after a few weeks I feel it everywhere. I saw a Dr, and she's sending me back to the neuro. So I suppose I can get some insight from him in about two weeks.

But for now, wondering if anyone has had a weird baby powder like sensation all over the body. Making clothes feel soft. I'm not feeling any numbness. But I do feel a bit overwhelmed and disconnected. Even though I look calm.