PDA

View Full Version : HIV from drinking orange juice with sperm in?

HappyMarmalade
29-01-17, 15:54
I went out with my friends two weeks ago and I bought regular orange juice. I got it and it was really salty for some reason and thought maybe the guy who prepared it had ejaculated in it.

Now I have body aches, a sore throat and headache.

Could he have given me HIV? PLEASE help, I'm scared.

Edit: please take me seriously, this is a genuine concern.
Edit 2: what could have caused the drink to be salty if it wasn't that? It was freshly squeezed orange juice in a glass with ice

Bigboyuk
29-01-17, 16:01
Hi That's a bit extreme 100% No you haven't got any virus what so ever :) Let the thought go>>>>>>>>!!

Fishmanpa
29-01-17, 16:03
With respect, I know the anxious mind can create some fantastic scenarios but seriously?

Positive thoughts

Sphincterclench
29-01-17, 16:03
I clicked out of sheer morbid curiosity and I was not disappointed. Im very sympathetic to HA sufferers and I dont want to kick you when your down but that is a MASSIVE stretch.

a human hasnt bottled anything but a prescription or a urine sample in since the dawn of the industrial age...

please see someone about your anxiety and give yourself a break.

HappyMarmalade
29-01-17, 16:05
I clicked out of sheer morbid curiosity and I was not dissapointed.

please see someone about your anxiety and give yourself a break.

I have a therapy consultation on Monday, though I've already has 12 sessions of health anxiety CBT.

I'm just nervous. I'm aware it sounds crazy, but places online are telling me it is possible, and some places are telling me it isn't - hence the confusion.

Fishmanpa
29-01-17, 16:10
places online are telling me it is possible

"Places on line" will tell you it's possible to lose weight without diet or exercise or cure cancer by eating pomegranates.

Serious question: If you're totally aware of the irrationality, what CBT tools have you learned that would help you dispel this irrational thought and why wouldn't you have used them prior to posting?

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
29-01-17, 16:11
I have a therapy consultation on Monday, though I've already has 12 sessions of health anxiety CBT.

I'm just nervous. I'm aware it sounds crazy, but places online are telling me it is possible, and some places are telling me it isn't - hence the confusion. The Answer to that is stop checking online for things like this it will only drive you insane move on from it :)

Sphincterclench
29-01-17, 16:14

I'm just nervous. I'm aware it sounds crazy, but places online are telling me it is possible, and some places are telling me it isn't - hence the confusion.

serious read my edit...

Machines bottle that stuff not people.

HappyMarmalade
29-01-17, 16:17
Serious question: If you're totally aware of the irrationality, what CBT tools have you learned that would help you dispel this irrational thought and why wouldn't you have used them prior to posting?

It was stuff like NHS affiliated websites, so I'd assume that would give it some credibility.

I find it difficult to ignore myself and like a break from time to time. I was able to overcome social anxiety considerably easier because I could try but if I got too overwhelmed for the day, I could take a break. With health anxiety, you always have your body with you.

I tried to ignore my symptoms, or keep a diary of a before and after of them, I've tried thinking rationally and banning myself from online websites. But after a while I relapsed once my sessions finished.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

serious read my edit...

Machines bottle that stuff not people.

It was freshly squeezed orange juice and it was in a glass, not a bottle.

LF87
29-01-17, 17:18
Why would someone do that? I think as HA sufferers we have to be able to laugh at ourselves sometimes, because our imaginations are pretty wild. Why would someone spontaneously decide to do this? Also how? Sneak into the back and do the deed then chuck it in your drink? I'm not taking the P at all, I know how these things can manifest and seem very real. But try and have a chuckle with yourself. Tell your friends what you're worried about, I bet they'd help you feel better about it.
You 100% do not have HIV from your Orange drink! X

LF87
29-01-17, 17:22
And I also agree with what you said about social anxiety and it being easier to overcome. I had problems with severe emetophobia and consequently agoraphobia, and it was easier to overcome because there's a hiding place if it gets too much. HA follows everywhere. But it can be overcome, I got over it for two years but it's resurfaced after a dodgy smear test result.
I'm starting CBT again next week so hoping to kick it to the kerb once again. You will too x

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-17, 03:19
It was stuff like NHS affiliated websites, so I'd assume that would give it some credibility.

I find it difficult to ignore myself and like a break from time to time. I was able to overcome social anxiety considerably easier because I could try but if I got too overwhelmed for the day, I could take a break. With health anxiety, you always have your body with you.

I tried to ignore my symptoms, or keep a diary of a before and after of them, I've tried thinking rationally and banning myself from online websites. But after a while I relapsed once my sessions finished.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

It was freshly squeezed orange juice and it was in a glass, not a bottle.

But we're they official articles or posts by members of the public?

I've read about HIV transmission on official sites like WHO, CDC, etc. Yes, it is possible to transit HIV over longer periods but there is a massive BUT - not from the human body ONLY by using HIV grown in a lab which has been created to be more resistant for testing purposes only.

Think about the toilet seat myth. Yes, it's possible but only if you transmitted it to someone under perfect conditions, and HIV can't survive outside of the body so it dies so quickly you would be probably sitting on the person as they wouldn't have time to get up.

So, how could HIV be incubated in that drink?

GlassPinata
30-01-17, 03:30
I went out with my friends two weeks ago and I bought regular orange juice. I got it and it was really salty for some reason and thought maybe the guy who prepared it had ejaculated in it.

Edit 2: what could have caused the drink to be salty if it wasn't that? It was freshly squeezed orange juice in a glass with ice

Sperm is not so salty that it would alter the taste of orange juice to a noticeable degree.
And if someone with AIDS had ejaculated in your orange juice, the acid in the juice would have killed the HIV immediately. HIV is a fragile virus, which explains why more of us don't have it.

http://www.aidsmap.com/Could-lemon-juice-block-HIV-infection/page/1414751/

Best wishes.

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-17, 05:10
Sperm is not so salty that it would alter the taste of orange juice to a noticeable degree.
And if someone with AIDS had ejaculated in your orange juice, the acid in the juice would have killed the HIV immediately. HIV is a fragile virus, which explains why more of us don't have it.

http://www.aidsmap.com/Could-lemon-juice-block-HIV-infection/page/1414751/

Best wishes.

Oxygen kills it too.

axolotl
30-01-17, 09:27
So you've got something that almost certainly didn't happen, that almost certainly can't spread any disease even if it did, causing symptoms that don't suggest on their own anything more than a bit of a cold?

I think you can rest easy on this one...

NoraB
30-01-17, 09:41

Read this one just as I was necking down a pint of cloudy apple juice...:ohmy:

My heart goes out to you because I know how real this feels to you BUT you're going to look back at this one in a few months time and think :doh:

Think logically..

You have a cold and colds take a few days to come on. They affect how things TASTE. Yes?

Nobody has spaffed one into your OJ. You don't have HIV. You do have VIT C - which is great for colds.:yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-17, 10:42
Read this one just as I was necking down a pint of cloudy apple juice...:ohmy:

My heart goes out to you because I know how real this feels to you BUT you're going to look back at this one in a few months time and think :doh:

Think logically..

You have a cold and colds take a few days to come on. They affect how things TASTE. Yes?

Nobody has spaffed one into your OJ. You don't have HIV. You do have VIT C - which is great for colds.:yesyes:

Spaffed? I've never heard that one before :biggrin:

And I know how you feel, I've had a few chocolate brownies after poo threads. Thank god I don't eat Walnut Whips. :winks:

I agree on the Vitamin C, beaten various cold like infections in recent years by increasing it. Previously it was always antibiotics when it hit my asthma.

SLA
30-01-17, 10:49
I went out with my friends two weeks ago and I bought regular orange juice.

Are you sure you didn't order an orange juice with jizz in it by mistake?

Brings a whole different meaning to the term "freshly squeezed."

Fishmanpa
30-01-17, 15:23
Are you sure you didn't order an orange juice with jizz in it by mistake?

Brings a whole different meaning to the term "freshly squeezed."

OMG! ~lol~ That was my first thought when reading this thread and I resisted saying that!

Positive thoughts