PDA

View Full Version : Hi, hard week but getting there...

Cakelady
29-01-17, 20:59
Finally found courage to post & say hi!
Always had anxiety but over the past 2 years ha been awful. I'm avoidant, can't face drs etc. HA wasn't taken seriously by last mental health team, despite it reaching a level that depressed me so much I was admitted to hospital for care last January. My dad died a few months ago of pancreatic cancer & just had miscarriage this week & ha been off the scale. I don't Google, learned that the hard way! Anyways, moved area & have very supportive CPN & team & starting cbt next week. Tired of anxiety and it ruling my life, tired of checking & checking things that if I wasn't so damn hyper vigilant I would never see! I really like this site, I don't feel so alone:) Best wishes to all of you x

venusbluejeans
29-01-17, 21:05
Hiya Cakelady and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Panicer
29-01-17, 21:06
Hi Cakelady.

I've only just started posting as well and I've also found the site really helpful.

I've had 9 sessions of CBT so far and they really seem to have helped with the anxiety and taught me some coping skills, so good luck for next week :)

Bigboyuk
29-01-17, 22:05
Hi Cakelady The support on here is great :) Hope next week goes ok for you too!!! Cheers

DoraFlora
30-01-17, 20:17
Cakelady,

I am so sorry for your losses which are things that invariably will impact your emotional state. These losses will take time to process and I hope you are allowing yourself patience in this process.

Thanks for saying hi! There are a lot of posts about health anxiety here.

It is such a struggle.

Comfort & kindness to you.

-Dora

Cakelady
30-01-17, 22:27
Thankyou all xx