PDA

View Full Version : another blood pressure question

JulieJay92
30-01-17, 17:41
my dr has had me monitor my bp for 9 months now on a weekly basis

i bought new machine this morning as my old 1 was within minutes giving readings of 180/100 - 110/75

once i got the new one home i automatically did it as agreed at 4pm with doc and on the new machine its showing 190/115 pulse 107

i know home monitoring is bad but im doing so at docs request and im wondering if i was so anxious about my machine not working correctly that as it was a new machine i was over anxious??

is this likely

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

ps docs app on wed pm as no docs free until then and dont know wether to go to a & e

as last week was also diagnosed with gallstones and hospital started me on folic acid for no reason (im 42 and no need for more kids) and today was 1st day taking them

otherwise i feel i suppose ok

insideout20
30-01-17, 22:50
hi. your pulse will be making it higher. make sure you sit on a chair and rest your arm on something and take it. if the bottom value is still close to 110 in the next few hours I would go to a and e because it says you should if it's over 110

mine was 107 last night just once during a panic attack. try sit back for half an hour and relax and do it again

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

how is it now ?

JulieJay92
31-01-17, 18:00
sorry was working , i did it again this morning after a stressful panic stricken night and its averaging 150/90 and thats immediately after 8hr shift with no food

thx

Fishmanpa
31-01-17, 18:05
You could always take it with you on your next doctor appointment to compare the accuracy. I did... mine is pretty darn good :)

I have to monitor my BP due to heart disease and my cardiologist told to sit in a comfortable chair and relax for at least 10 minutes. Take three readings about 2-3 minutes apart and use the average.

Positive thoughts

iwantpeace
01-02-17, 08:22
you are a litle bit hypertensive, nothing to worry about .my dad is also and hes taking his meds and hes fine