PDA

View Full Version : New to no more panic

Avm
30-01-17, 18:20
Hi everyone

I have recently got diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder, I have been taking 20mg fluoxetine and 80mg of propanol for 27-28days now and really struggling my worries are what cause the anxiety from buying my first house but I have had to move back to my parents.

I have had three sessions of counselling and she beliveves I might have depression and anxiety.

I can feel ok for about ten minutes then just worry about something to do with the house and spiral into a really low mood panicking and wanting everything to end.

After the first week I started to feel better then after about three days back to square one.

I worry about everything and I haven't felt myself for months it's so draining and horrible that I can't control my own mind, I find it more difficult because I have never had this before and worry this will be it now forever

venusbluejeans
30-01-17, 18:26
Hiya Avm and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoraFlora
30-01-17, 20:29
AVM,

This is not permanent. It may be something you are coping with or dealing with for a long period of your life, but there will be normalcy. There will be moments you feel like YOU.

It is a process and it's hard work.

You said you feel okay for ten minutes and then start to spiral with worry. Can you identify the thoughts that cause the spiral? If so can you think of any evidence you have to refute them? Or are you able to remind yourself at all that thoughts aren't facts. That is something I have been trying lately.

Thoughts are so powerful and they can govern our emotions and physiological responses. I am having a really hard time with that myself.

Avm
31-01-17, 08:27
I feel so useless, drained and exhausted from the thoughts and worries I think about all day every day even though I try to stop and control them I can't which just makes things worse and worse. Really hoping things start to change but I worry I'm on the wrong medication and these 28 days have been a waste of time.