PDA

View Full Version : Yellow tongue

Mel_82
30-01-17, 18:23
So, I've had problems with heartburn for a couple of months - I'm on Nexium now and have been for a couple of weeks.

It doesn't seem to be working for me and I went to the ER and had an ecg, chest X-ray and blood work and it all came back fine.

The doctor booked me in for an ultra sound to check my gallbladder.

I still have the burning pain in my upper abdominal that will radiate into my chest, and my throat has been sore.

Today I noticed a yellow colour to my togue. What could cause that?

Ps - I have a doctors appt in a few days And my ultra sound next week.

bottleblond
30-01-17, 18:32
So, I've had problems with heartburn for a couple of months - I'm on Nexium now and have been for a couple of weeks.

It doesn't seem to be working for me and I went to the ER and had an ecg, chest X-ray and blood work and it all came back fine.

The doctor booked me in for an ultra sound to check my gallbladder.

I still have the burning pain in my upper abdominal that will radiate into my chest, and my throat has been sore.

Today I noticed a yellow colour to my togue. What could cause that?

Ps - I have a doctors appt in a few days And my ultra sound next week.

What have you eaten/drank recently?. I get the yellow tongue is I drink a lot of tea/coffee.

Lisa
x

Mel_82
30-01-17, 19:00
Nothing when I noticed it this morning.
Since then I've had ginger ale and salad.

Maybe it's from the Nexium?

Sphincterclench
30-01-17, 19:06
I get yellow tongue a lot, not like PAINTED but more like stained. I also take Nexium so there may be something to it.

Although my dosage handles my GERD quite well.

bottleblond
30-01-17, 19:08
I've been reading a bit in to this since your post and 'reflux' can cause this which would be fitting with your heartburn. I suffer from reflux too and take Ranitidine for it. It works wonders for me. Maybe it's the reflux that's been causing my yellow tongue then and not the Coffee. lol

Mel_82
30-01-17, 19:08
I get yellow tongue a lot, not like PAINTED but more like stained. I also take Nexium so there may be something to it.

I wish the Nexium worked for me. I was so confident that it would fix it all haha, nope.
And mine is also more stained yellow than anything else.
I wanted to ask doctor google but opted not to lol.

bottleblond
30-01-17, 19:11

I just wanted to tell you how much I love your username!. :yesyes:

Mel_82
30-01-17, 19:16
I've been reading a bit in to this since your post and 'reflux' can cause this which would be fitting with your heartburn. I suffer from reflux too and take Ranitidine for it. It works wonders for me. Maybe it's the reflux that's been causing my yellow tongue then and not the Coffee. lol

That's comforting, thank you. My HA-mind went right to liver/kidney issues lol. Thanks for responding :)

bottleblond
30-01-17, 19:22
Aww no problem at all. Glad you're feeling better about it now. :hugs:

Lisa
xx

Sphincterclench
30-01-17, 19:58
I just wanted to tell you how much I love your username!. :yesyes:

lol it suits me...I tend to clench pretty easily

bottleblond
30-01-17, 20:10
lol it suits me...I tend to clench pretty easily