PDA

View Full Version : New Girl

G1ddyg0th
30-01-17, 21:25
I've been searching for a forum for a long time. I am hoping No more panic is the one.

Long time fighting with depression and stress. Long time trying to find others who understand

venusbluejeans
30-01-17, 21:30
Hiya G1ddyg0th and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoraFlora
31-01-17, 04:05
Giddygoth,

Most people here talk mostly about their panic and anxiety, but as many of us can tell you anxiety and depression are first cousins.
I hope you find some things useful here.

-Dora

MentalState
04-02-17, 01:18
I think the correlation between depression and anxiety is interesting. From what I've read on behavioural disorders it seems to me that an anxiety/stress disorder of some description is present first and can often be unrealised by the sufferer as not all anxiety and stress disorders are accompanied with intense panic attacks for example. Anxiety can be subtle as I've discovered in my own case.

This can then lead to problems and barriers in life which affect one's ability to engage in activities that promote mental well being. Examples of things anxiety can negatively impact is one's ability to direct themselves towards things that improve one's self, friendships, love and work.

If these things are impacted negatively, depression can then result. That's my theory on the link between the two as I've spent long lengths of time trying to understand my own mental health problems. For me this theory seems to hold credibility.

Deckard
04-02-17, 06:54
Hey G1ddyg0th,

welcome to NMP. I'm sure you'll find people on here who understand. Most of the members on here can understand the subtleties of mental health issues, even if it's not the one they are struggling with. And it's absolutely true what the others have said, depression, stress, anxiety, panic can all be (and often are) somehow related. There seems to be a causal link between them.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll meet very understanding and kind individuals on here. I for one haven't been a member for too long, but have already met some very nice (and interesting) people.

--Deckard