PDA

View Full Version : Kidney failure anxiety

ioivvu
30-01-17, 23:05
Hi everyone. I did the bad Google thing and convinced myself I have kidney problems - like incurable problems and terrified.
I have major health anxiety and felt like I was bothering the GP lately. I have had 4 UTIs in 9 months, but the doctor said not currently worried. I keep getting twitches all over - mostly legs. I can't stop peeing or feeling the need to. I ate a ridiculous amount of salt for years and drunk heavily for several but stuck to guidelines for over a year now. I always feel tired and anxious.
I've did a urine sample a fortnight ago which found the UTzi (grew a bug?) I've also had some blood tests done in November because of numb fingertips but not specifically for kidneys.
Does it sound bad?
Need calming, thanks x

SLA
30-01-17, 23:16
Be calm.

Serphenia
31-01-17, 09:20
Seems like a simple infection. If your kidneys were failing you'd be pretty sick and it woukd have showed up in regular urine tests and for sure on the urine culture.

Hopefully now they learned which bacteria is causing the UTI you won't get any more any time soon.

On the bright side we have two kidneys :)

ioivvu
31-01-17, 12:18
Thank you. It doesn't help that the GP said if I kept getting UTIs I should have another conversation and they could check my kidneys. Also seen that drinking caffeine on an empty stomach can cause kidney issues and I've been doing that for years. Think I'll try and cut it out.
The first infection I had was just after I gave birth and I was in hospital so had some bloods and swabs. I try to convince myself it would have been picked up then. But what if I've done damage since then.

georgewing
01-02-17, 13:10
Its just an infection dont wory .Try to stay calm and practice some meditation