PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma Worry

sdd
31-01-17, 00:37
I have been sweating at night for about a year. It's not drenching, but it does happen most nights. I also have been pretty tired and have not had an appetite like I used to. My great-grandmother died of lymphoma when she was in her 30s. No one else in my family has had it, but I do worry about that familial connection.

I am very overweight and worry that if I did have a lymph node that was swollen, I wouldn't be able to feel it. I have checked and don't feel any...but as I said, I am extremely overweight.

I am 40 years old and I know that people are usually older when they are diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. But I also read that it is diagnosed in all ages.

I had a CBC not long ago and all looked well. But, then I read that people with lymphoma usually have a normal CBC.

Sigh...can anyone give me any peace of mind?

Gary A
31-01-17, 00:49
I have been sweating at night for about a year. It's not drenching, but it does happen most nights. I also have been pretty tired and have not had an appetite like I used to. My great-grandmother died of lymphoma when she was in her 30s. No one else in my family has had it, but I do worry about that familial connection.

I am very overweight and worry that if I did have a lymph node that was swollen, I wouldn't be able to feel it. I have checked and don't feel any...but as I said, I am extremely overweight.

I am 40 years old and I know that people are usually older when they are diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. But I also read that it is diagnosed in all ages.

I had a CBC not long ago and all looked well. But, then I read that people with lymphoma usually have a normal CBC.

Sigh...can anyone give me any peace of mind?

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but do you not think that it's far more likely for your weight to be causing night sweats and fatigue than anything sinister?

sdd
31-01-17, 00:54
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but do you not think that it's far more likely for your weight to be causing night sweats and fatigue than anything sinister?

I've been overweight for a long time...the night sweats have not always been there.

Gary A
31-01-17, 01:18
I've been overweight for a long time...the night sweats have not always been there.

Yes but you're getting older.

Catherine S
31-01-17, 01:59
Your age could also indicate the run up to the menopause sdd, it's known as the perimenopause and can go on for quite a few years before your periods actually stop. Night sweats are part of it. For me it went on from age 42 until my last period at age 48. I hit the menopause early compared to some, but those 6 years were bad tbh, with symptoms that made me crazy. As soon as the periods stopped everything calmed down.

ISB ☺