PDA

View Full Version : Pleading for help.

Xleanne92X
31-01-17, 14:40
Im sorry im back again, just don't know what to do, im convinced i have a brain tumor, i have headaches all the time im dizzy can feel a pulse in ears i feel sick all the time the days i don't im still worrying, been gp its migraine and tension but i feel as if its seriously something bad! I can not cope anymore I've argued with my partner the only person who is there for me 24/7 all day today because im sick of being told im okay, i have no idea what to do anymore i need help :( i start CBT and group therapy soon, and then medication as im scared to take medication at the moment :( i really scared ill do something stupid and i have nobody :( im so scared its a tumor i did have eyes tested last month all perfect pressure was perfect the go did these exercises with me and said it wasn't a tumor as i did them all etc but how can just that tell him im ok im scared stiff :( sorry again :(

Fishmanpa
31-01-17, 14:53
I'm sorry you're still struggling with this fear. Good going on getting signed up for therapy. In the mean time, it ultimately comes down to taking the step to help yourself and that means taking the meds. They were prescribed to help you. I hope you find the inner fortitude to start taking them.

Positive thoughts

SLA
31-01-17, 15:00
You need to start tapping away at that false belief that you have a tumour, with rationality and logic.

You've got anxiety, which leads to feelings of fear and worry. and as you get headaches too, you've connected two distant dots, and suddenly think you have a tumour.

Look for reasons why you don't have one.

im sick of being told im okay

You are not ok. You have a mental health issue. Focus on ways you can improve that.

Xleanne92X
31-01-17, 15:47
Thanks both messages, it's so hard for me to take meds as it makes my anxiety worse today I feel weird like really hungry I haven't been eating at all, feel sick having pains in head face etc and my eyes feel weird Ive had enough I'm sorry I always post horrible things I'm just scared and have nobody else to ask my partner has had enough of me I think now too xxx

thor44
31-01-17, 15:58
Dude calm down, I'm sure it's nothing. I suffer from headaches on a daily basis. If you had a tumour, you would've known about it. The way you're panicking is only gonna made it worse. Take it easy and stop taking anxiety. I bet you'll be fine in a week.

SLA
31-01-17, 16:03
You've got to eat.

Low blood sugar will create loads of weird symptoms otherwise. That will exacerbate anxiety, and your appetite dips again.

It all happens in cycles, so you have to take steps to intervene.

NoraB
31-01-17, 16:05
Im sorry im back again, just don't know what to do, im convinced i have a brain tumor, i have headaches all the time im dizzy can feel a pulse in ears i feel sick all the time the days i don't im still worrying, been gp its migraine and tension but i feel as if its seriously something bad!

You've just described me (can hear my heartbeat in my ear right now) feel sick and dizzy - had about six migraines a week before going GF but I don't have a brain tumour. I have anxiety.

I can not cope anymore I've argued with my partner the only person who is there for me 24/7 all day today because im sick of being told im okay, i have no idea what to do anymore i need help :( i start CBT and group therapy soon, and then medication as im scared to take medication at the moment :( i really scared ill do something stupid and i have nobody :( im so scared its a tumor i did have eyes tested last month all perfect pressure was perfect the go did these exercises with me and said it wasn't a tumor as i did them all etc but how can just that tell him im ok im scared stiff :( sorry again :(An eye test is often when brain tumours are picked up. The fact that your test was fine means you don't have one.

Hopefully the CBT will help you because to get over this, you need to start trusting (and accepting) the health professionals when they tell you, you are fine.

All the best.

Kathryn313
31-01-17, 22:50
Hi Leanne

What did you do for fun before all these sensations started?

Medication works for some and not others, just like therapy does. The combination of the two things sometimes works the best but you don't have to do anything yet. Writing things down on here may help to get things started. You recognise your feelings as being out of control so that's a start.

How have you been this afternoon?

georgewing
01-02-17, 14:31
Simple anxiety wants you to feel bad and you develp this belief that you have tumour .If you was had one the doctorl will tell you today medicine its advanced and to fail for diagnostics so stop worying

Xleanne92X
01-02-17, 20:16
Still feeling anxious!! Very in fact but managed to clean my whole flat today and it did take my mind of things! Normally i just stay in bed all day everyday, i think i did to much as my neck hurts now but my head still feels weird and im dizzy no headache just pains now and again! I know i need medication as when i was on them before i was so much better :( feel like all this is never ending don't know why im scared to take tabs now when i wasn't be for but i was in a better place be for when starting them to what i am now, i don't normally do much used to love swimming. Seeng friends, going for food! Never been a drinker really and i have quit smoking about 4 months ago went cold turkey so that could be why im feeling crap too, i haven't cryed today I've trued my hardest not too xxxx

Serphenia
02-02-17, 05:30
Lots of harmless things can cause your symptoms but anxiety is making you imagine the worst case scenario.

Maybe see an ENT it might be your sinuses and there is a thing like tinitus but instead of ringing causes pulsing.

I'm glad you are getting CBT it really helps with the anxious thinking and fearing the worst.

As for migraines I get bad one which I see a neurologist for.

Now my daily headaches did turn out to be sinus related. But I had tones of sinus symotoms too including pain and pressure in nose ears and cheeks.

I think maybe once you start CBT you could maybe give your partner some advice on how to help calm you down when you get scared. I know it's not nice when you feel something is very wrong and then someone says no you are fine

But on the other hand it must get frustrating when someone is always scared about their health despite the doctor saying everything's okay