PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles / tingling

Alexldn89
31-01-17, 21:08
Hi y'all

I have been taking propanolol for a little while and it really has helped my anxiety!
I do get really cold hands and feet randomly and get pins and needles MORE like tingles running through parts of my body but mostly my left hand and arm..
naturally that freaks me out as my anxiety surrounds my heart .. I have had three ecgs and weirdly my brain doesn't accept that as good enough but the fact they're in that arm seems to cause so many issues in my mind ..

panic_down_under
01-02-17, 12:01
I do get really cold hands and feet randomly and get pins and needles MORE like tingles running through parts of my body but mostly my left hand and arm..

This may be partly from a drop in blood pressure and partly because of a reduction in adrenaline, aka epinephrine, activity.

I have had three ecgs and weirdly my brain doesn't accept that as good enough but the fact they're in that arm seems to cause so many issues in my mind ..

Is propranolol all you take for anxiety? It has no capacity to directly change thinking. Its main role is reducing the adrenaline fuelled symptoms of the flight-or-fight fear response.