PDA

View Full Version : 100-105 heart rate at resting after eating for a hour or so.

Nzxt27
31-01-17, 23:55
Like title says. Sometimes when I eat I notice my heart pounding some and my resting rate is around 100.

It usually stays around 65-80 resting when I check it.

Should I be worried and does anyone else's do that?

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 00:01
Eating increases heart rate due to digestion.

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
01-02-17, 00:03
Yeah I read that. Just worried me some. It seem to do it for over a hour after eating. It was the first thing I had to eat today too. We had car trouble that I spent all morning working on.

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 00:14
Yeah I read that.

Well, for once you can believe Google!

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
01-02-17, 00:30

Positive thoughts

Thanks. Idk why I'm starting to worry about my heart again. I guess the minor chest pains I keep getting over last few days.

Carnation
01-02-17, 00:46
Eating increases heart rate due to digestion

I never knew that FMP.
My partner should have a very high heart rate, because he is always eating. :D
Especially biscuits and chocolate!

I get this Nzt27 and I also get hot. Drinking tea makes me hot, I think for the same reason, but love my tea too much to give it up.

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 01:22
I never knew that FMP.

Simple biology. Blood is channeled to the stomach and small intestines to help digest food and absorb nutrients. This causes an increase in heart rate ;)

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
01-02-17, 01:54
I never knew that FMP.
My partner should have a very high heart rate, because he is always eating. :D
Especially biscuits and chocolate!

I get this Nzt27 and I also get hot. Drinking tea makes me hot, I think for the same reason, but love my tea too much to give it up.

I had zaxbys and sweet tea tonight when it did it after. It's calmed back down some now. I wish I could get off this heart crap but I always seem to come back to it. Grrrrr

NoraB
01-02-17, 07:42
Like title says. Sometimes when I eat I notice my heart pounding some and my resting rate is around 100.

It usually stays around 65-80 resting when I check it.

Should I be worried and does anyone else's do that?

As Fish says, it's supposed to happen. It's just that anxious people become aware of it more.

Chris 614
01-02-17, 08:39
This happens to me too. When I'm anxious I notice it and it makes me nervous. When I'm not anxious I don't notice it. Hmmmm.

Ethansmom
01-02-17, 17:15
Yup! I get the same thing. High heart rate after eating, especially if it's something heavy. It usually lasts an hour or so. Sometimes it lessens if I stop worrying about it and engage in distraction.

Sphincterclench
01-02-17, 18:26

Positive thoughts

Lies all lies, dont let google get a foothold....all lies all the time

Josh1234
01-02-17, 21:04
Man, get yourself an SSRI if you're not taking one. You're all types of anxious, my man.